EZ Track Manual Turn-Outs - are these available for purchase?

Started by Big Willow, December 08, 2007, 09:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Willow

Can you purchase EZ Track manual turnouts? Or, can the remote turnouts be manually operated?

I have an EZ Track layout plan in mind that would require three right hand turn-outs (18" radius). As this layout will be on a 4'x8' sheet of fiber board on the floor, I'm trying to minimize wiring until my son gets older - accordingly I'm hoping to use manual turn-outs. One manual left hand turn out is included in the Bachman DCC that I'm buying him for Christmas, but I haven't been able to find manual turn-outs for sale.

I'm new to the board, but I did check the search function and did not see this question posed before. I know about the DCC controlled turn-outs, but these are a little too expensive for what I have in mind.

I'm also completely new to model railroads, so I'm open to any related advice on setting up a minimally wired plan.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Conrail Quality

The remote EZ-track turnouts can indeed be operated manually via a small switch built into the turnout. If you don't mind the inconvinience, manually operating the switches are a great way to cut back on wiring. There are no such thing as manual-only EZ-track switches, unfortuntely, so you will have to buy the remote ones anyway.
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

Stephen D. Richards

I have four of the manual turnouts but got them through some of the special sets offered.  I don't believe you can buy them by themselves.  Stephen

Big Willow

Stephen & Conrail Quality:

Thank you for the replies - you've validated what I thought was probably the case, and you've saved me a lot of time searching.

This is great discussion board for someone new to this hobby.

Thanks again!