News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2017 Williams

Started by NSthoroughbred, February 23, 2017, 10:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NSthoroughbred

I eagerly opened the downloaded catalog and sifted through page after page of HO, N, On3, more structures, Large Scale, to finally reach the Williams section.  My hope of a Cities Sprinter Amtrak locomotive like the HO one quickly gone.  As well was my hope of a Caltrains Baby Bullet F59.  New paint schemes on the GP30.... nope!   F3 in something new like SP bloody nose... nope.   Bachmann, you really need to put a bit more fresh product in the offerings.  F59 is great!  But a couple more paint schemes would be smart.  Caltrains. MARC, TRIRAIL, Railrunner... you guys would sell out on Albuquerque Railrunner units.  Metra!  Bachmann...awaken energize..refresh!   I love your products and just yesterday bought a Southern 4-6-2 from Marios Trains.  But youre going to lose ground and market share if you do not kick this up a notch!  Seriously.  Rethink this lukewarm catalog of leftovers. Seriously!

NSthoroughbred

Additionally, 44 ton switchers could be done in some modern schemes for popular steel companies.  Imagine a blue 44 tonner in Republic Steel modern colors!  Or the old Republic Steel with the pouring hot steel logo!  Grain companies use little switch locomotives like these.  If you sold a Cargill version, Pillsbury, Energy companies, NASA, Boeing, US AirForce, they WOULD SELL! 

Please regroup and awaken your products. I really think you need to rethink your business plan.  Perhaps hire someone with some ideas.  Soon!

GovB

No Semi GG-1? :(
No Passenger cars? :o
No RTR sets? :-[
No...... Oh my!  :'(

It took only 3-4 years for Lionel to drop K-line.

Is Williams slowly disappearing too?
Happy Rails to You, GovB

Bucksco

Your concerns are noted.....

phillyreading

Quote from: GovB on February 24, 2017, 12:42:41 PM
No Semi GG-1? :(
No Passenger cars? :o
No RTR sets? :-[
No...... Oh my!  :'(

It took only 3-4 years for Lionel to drop K-line.

Is Williams slowly disappearing too?

Hope you didn't forget that Lionel had a legal battle with K-Line and then Sanda Kan got the rights for K-Line after so long. So Lionel was legally forced to drop K-Line, it was not due to low sales!

Lee F.

NSthoroughbred

phillyreading

Quote from: NSthoroughbred on February 27, 2017, 01:24:58 AM
Bachmann,   here is the conversation about your Williams line on OGR Forum.  You need to listen!
http://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/2017-bachmann-williams-catalog-released?reply=71397234074300979#71397234074300979

I completely agree!! Bachmann has done very little with the Williams line, so why not sell it off? WBB has only one style caboose for Williams while the H.O. side of Bachmann has at least 3 different caboose designs.

Also why is more items being made for the H.O. side on Plasticville then the O gauge side?

Lee F.

GovB

The answers to all our questions lie with Kader Holdings Co. (which owns Bachmann & others). Their goals and objectives in the model train industry will dictate what we'll eventually see or not see. Maybe they'll make Neil Young and his Partners an offer they can't refuse.

Johnb
Happy Rails to You, GovB

phillyreading

Quote from: GovB on February 27, 2017, 07:59:01 PM
The answers to all our questions lie with Kader Holdings Co. (which owns Bachmann & others). Their goals and objectives in the model train industry will dictate what we'll eventually see or not see. Maybe they'll make Neil Young and his Partners an offer they can't refuse.

Johnb

That's interesting that Kader Holdings Co. would dictate such strict policies.
The only thing I can say about my future buying is that I am looking for a company who makes model trains that I am interested in purchasing. Currently I am not enthused with anything in the Williams by Bachmann line-up.
Even H.O. gets more stuff made for Plasticville then O & S scale.

Lee F.

wmwalker

Looking for some RS1, RS2, RS11. maybe some day I hope.
Thanks
Wyatt