News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Program new engine DCC with EZ Comm

Started by plint, February 26, 2017, 01:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plint

Just can't get the engine from #3 to #5.  When I release the stop button, it doesn't flash fast to indicate the program mode.  I followed the directions about 10 times but no go. I have 4 other engines I was able to program but this RS3  won't change.  Stop button stops the train but won't flash quickly and won't program from 3 to 5 . ???
Any HELP??
Thanks
By the grace of God go I in Amherst NH.

plint

UPDATE:
Watched the Bachmann Video about DCC programming and was able to change the RS3 from #3 to #5 but now it doesn't move.  All the functions work on 5 and not 3 so I know I changed the number BUT now it won't MOVE!! ???
By the way. the video instructions are different from the manual.  The manual says to hold the 3 button AND the stop down AT THE SAME time but the video says to push 3 and hold AND then hold the Stop button and release together.  Big Difference.

Hunt

Will the RS3 run using address 5 (LED next to 5 is solid red) when it is the only thing on the track?

plint

No.  All the functions work but it won't go.  Same thing when I went back to #3.  It DID go before the change.

Hunt

Since you are experiencing problems using the normal procedure, try the - if the locomotive's digital address is a number higher than 10 -- procedure in section REPROGRAMMING DECODERS WITH PREVIOUSLY ASSIGNED DIGITAL ADDRESSES, page 3 in the Setup and Programming Instructions. The RS3 must be the only thing on track.

If needed -- Click Here for PDF of the latest version of E-Z Command Setup and Programming Instructions

That not work – ask someone with a DCC system capable of resetting the decoder to reset it. Also have them program the address you want to use.

plint

Thanks, Hunt.  I set it back to 5 and still no go, just the functions.  I'll take to my LHS where I bought it ans see what he can do.  If he can't, then off to Bachmann for warranty work.

plint

I got it in September and it  had a factory set# at 3 where it stood until today.

plint

Sent it back for repair.   Nothing was working to fix it.  Still under warranty.