ERTL/TOMY/etc. Models into HO/N

Started by Cheeky_ULP, December 01, 2007, 11:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheeky_ULP

I've seen alot of models put into HO scale from ERTL. But I'm wondering, is N Scale Possible and fits? I've seen Topkazfatt do Japanese Die Cast models, but being in America, I'd like to have them but can't. Does anyone know if ERTL's models would work well in N scale? Or get the Japanese models online? Ebay isn't helping. :\

You can also discuss taking other ERTL and TOMY and other models into HO scale and such. :P

The Chaz Storm

Well I've already mentioned the Duncan model that is on my signature, but I do kinda think that the image was kinda photo shopped in some ways.

Mr Tickle

Duncan should not be able to run on the same rails as Thomas should he..?

Bear7101

Mavis would be a HO model but she can fit an N scale motor in her the same for Neal.

Corrie Thompson

Quote from: Mr Tickle on December 01, 2007, 12:30:40 PM
Duncan should not be able to run on the same rails as Thomas should he..?

No he shouldn't.  Duncan is a narrow guage engine.

The Chaz Storm

Yes Corrie we all know that, thank you for stating the obvious on that one. :P  But I think they put a lot of work into the Duncan model so it would actually fit on the tracks and they had to get the model just right in order for it to fit on HO scale track, which I am assuming it took a long time.  But in my opinion I thought the model turned out really perfect, I mean what the person did was something that I personally wouldn't find possible til now. 

If the guy who made this Duncan model is reading this, let me say "Good job mate, I'd love to see more models like that in the future! :D"

alex wittman

well i would cut the plastic from the inside and fit the motor

PRRThomas11

Quote from: Sparks on December 02, 2007, 02:20:58 PM
Yep. ERTL on N scale doesn't work. One of my Dads friends donated a bunch of N Scale stuff to me, and it doesn't fit at all. o.o
Oh realy. Im surprised. I thoght ERTL isthe same size as N.
PRRThomas11- "The Standard Railfan of the World" 

alex wittman

well no because the way the width is basically the size is n-gauge and the width ho-gauge