News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Rocky Mountain TRain Show Denver

Started by Loco Bill Canelos, March 05, 2017, 05:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loco Bill Canelos

Crowds were huge, and Bachmann had a great display. It was not manned so could not chat with any reps.  The latest run Large Scale Spectrum 2-6-0's were on display and were spectacular.  There was much more Large Scale at the show this year, and two other major Large Scale manufacturers present as well.   I was impressed with the level of detail on the Bachmann products compared to the others.  Bachmann products  are so much better detail wise than the competition.  Nice to see a lot more large scale than ever.

Loco Bill

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Mark Oles

I do love those new 2-6-0s.  I keep telling myself to get the Grizzly Flats version before it is gone!

Loco Bill Canelos

The Grizzly Flats 2-6-0 was one of those displayed.  Since the booth was unmanned, it was very tempting to grab it and run :-X :( :o.  Kidding of course but tempting no less.  It is definitely a beauty and no question it would look great pulling the matching passenger cars!! 8)

Mark, you better grab one while you can!!!!!! 8)

Bach-man, Yardmaster, any idea how many were run of each.  I would love to add the production numbers to the database!

Looking over the other manufacturers more modern freight cars, I must say they too are lacking in depth and detail, It would be great if Bachmann could release more of the old Aristo line, if nothing more some of the more popular modern freight cars with new road numbers that are more prototypical rather than being the product number.  The Aristo cars had much better detail on most of the cars than the other brands, and the detail could be handled without much damage on an operating railroad.

The other brand cars were also very pricy considering the lack of detail involved.  Maybe a slow reintoduction of the the two bay covered hoppers, then if successful,  the boxcars, and then the gondola then the tank car.  Metal wheels as standard would be a big plus.

I know the Large Scale market has been weak, but the other guys are putting out new product, and that was surprising to me, maybe things are looking up.

Loco Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

petertoot

Hi bill,I'm with you,as will hundreds of us large scalers,hopefully more will come,the most popular rolling stock is surely going to do well,bachmann, your spectrum locos have the best detail for the price,reliable, priced right,how about some e8 locos please,cheerspeter