News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO Electrical Connectors

Started by ejseider, March 19, 2017, 03:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ejseider

I'm looking for electrical connectors to connect an HO engine and tender.  I.e. to install DCC electronics in the tender, but to be able to switch tenders for the same engine.  Any recommendations on what type and where to get them?

Piyer

What you are probably wanting is a micro JST connector. Iif you search on "micro JST" at eBay, Amazon, Radio Shack, etc. you should find what you are looking for.
~AJ Kleipass~
Proto-freelance modeling the Tri-State System c.1942
The layout is based upon the operations of the Delaware Valley Railway,
the New York, Susquehanna & Western, the Wilkes-Barre & Eastern,
the Middletown & Unionville, and the New York, Ontario & Western.

ejseider

ordered and received JST connectors from Amazon.  The females are wired, but the male connectors have no wires attached to them, and there are no instructions.  How do I attach wires to the male connectors?

Piyer

Quote from: ejseider on July 21, 2017, 05:14:28 PM
ordered and received JST connectors from Amazon.  The females are wired, but the male connectors have no wires attached to them, and there are no instructions.  How do I attach wires to the male connectors?

The male part usually has two prongs per connection: one that goes into the female part, and one that juts out the opposite end of the male connector. It's the jutty out part that one either solders to a PC board or solders wires to for completing the electrical connection.
~AJ Kleipass~
Proto-freelance modeling the Tri-State System c.1942
The layout is based upon the operations of the Delaware Valley Railway,
the New York, Susquehanna & Western, the Wilkes-Barre & Eastern,
the Middletown & Unionville, and the New York, Ontario & Western.