Alco 2-6-0 sound dcc-missing steam blowdown sound

Started by billyt, March 30, 2017, 11:14:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billyt

After some tinkering-lost the steam blowdown sound, which was #4 on nce powercab. Downloaded dcc cv values and could not find any correlation.  All other features work great. new dcc alco 2-6-0 and a new user to DCC.

Hunt

What did you download containing the DCC CV values?

Not knowing what 'tinkering" has done, best to start over. Reset all CVs to their factory default value.

Resetting a Sound Value decoder CVs to their factory default value is a two-step procedure.
   1)  Program CV 8 with 8
   2)  Cycle power to the decoder by turning power to the track off waiting 20 seconds and turning power on.

After about six-seconds upon restoring power the headlight will flash 16 times indicating that the CVs were successfully reset. However, if sound or light comes on immediately upon restoring power, the decoder did not successfully reset. Repeat the two-step procedure.

Also, what did you download containing the DCC CV values?

billyt

Thanks for responding. I'll try to reset-I tried it once, but not the way you suggested.  I did the CV8, but did not recycle power. I only downloaded the Bachmann print page from their website-the cv values.

Thanks for your input.

billyt

Thanks much-powering off and back on did the trick-all functions are back to normal.

Hunt

Quote from: billyt on March 30, 2017, 04:23:39 PM

. . .  I only downloaded the Bachmann print page from their website-the cv values.

Click Here Is this what you downloaded?

Hunt

There are multiple misprints awaiting correction in that document.