News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas & Friends in 2018

Started by TerencetheTractor525, March 26, 2017, 02:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasj219

In my opinion the only thing that's ruined this thread, and board in general, are the self-righteous babies who want to seem important by putting others down.  It's getting old.

Post away kids, don't worry about what these make shift moderators say.  
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

jleight

I had a very nice chat with the VP today and he explained a lot about who is running the show and why certain items are produced and which are not.  Just wish we had control back in the USA. It was nice to actually have a phone conversation with someone in the know and be able to chat on a very friendly basis. My hats off to the US based folks and I wish them the best. ;D

ThomasFan1993

Here's my predictions:

HO:

Engines:
* Re-designed Percy
* Winston
* Stanley
* Ryan
* Sidney

They made two new toolings in 2005 (Henry and Gordon), as well as in 2010 (Donald/Douglas and Bill/Ben), so I'm sure they could be able to make two new toolings for 2018 and Stanley and Ryan are very popular steam engines. I'm surprised Bachmann didn't announce Sidney with Paxton this year, seeing they both use the same tooling. Hopefully there's a chance for Sidney in 2018. With Winston released in 'G' Scale, surely they should build and release him in the 'HO' range, as well.

Rolling Stock:
* Re-designed Tidmouth Milk Tanker
* Re-designed Sodor Fuel Tanker
* Re-designed Gordon's Express Coaches (CGI style)
* Re-designed James' Express Coaches (CGI style)
* Rocky the Rail Crane
* Judy and Jerome the Breakdown Train
* Sodor Works Unit Coach (In both 'Green' and 'Brown' liveries)
* Troublesome Truck #6
* Troublesome Truck #7

Non-Rail:
* Trevor
* Jack

Trevor is a very popular non-rail character and since his return in Series 20, I'm sure he'd be a great seller for Bachmann. Like the Skarloey Railway, perhaps Bachmann could consider about releasing Jack and the Pack, staring with Jack and then every year, they could release the members one-by-one, e.g. Alfie (2019), Oliver (2020), Max & Monty (2021) etc.

Resin Buildings:
* Farquhar Station
* Callan Castle

Narrow Gauge:
* Sir Handel
* Peter Sam
* Skarloey Railway Coaches
* Skarloey Railway Brake Van

Large Scale:
* Edward
* Mavis
* Henrietta

Chaz

I think most of those are good possibilities for next year, especially the suggestions for narrow gauge.  One thing I'm not really sold on is the pack characters since they don't have as big of a following as the narrow gauge engines, and Bachmann rarely does non-rail characters.  If they were to do any of them, I think they would just do Jack.

I'm also not sure about Rocky, Judy, and Jerome either since I imagine those would be pretty expensive to pull off on Bachmann's end.  
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

thomasj219

Oh please bro. It's not up to you to decide what's legitimate. That post is not defendable. Please grow up or don't post.

thomasj219

Quote from: Griffin on March 30, 2017, 06:16:21 PM
Quote from: thomasj219 on March 30, 2017, 11:26:50 AM
In my opinion the only thing that's ruined this thread, and board in general, are the self-righteous babies who want to seem important by putting others down.  It's getting old.

Post away kids, don't worry about what these make shift moderators say.  
There's a difference between posting legitimate thoughts that are on topic and inane wishlists that won't ever happen...not saying that OPs being referred to shouldn't be allowed to do this but obviously they're in the wrong thread. That's all I'll say on that.

That's where you said it. If you really want to quibble about the small difference between wish lists and predictions you're in the wrong place. Posting a wishlist here is not out of line. Look I've been on this forum a long time and Let's not pretend that post was anything else than a put down. This spreads negativity around the board for no reason at all. Is it really that big a deal? No. All it accomplishes is a short lived feeling of superiority followed by a slew of negativity.

TrainFan97

Quote from: Griffin on March 30, 2017, 06:30:23 PM
I'm almost sure I never claimed anything "legitimate" I simply said that they were in the wrong thread, which is true. This is the 2018 predictions thread, no?
Quote from: TrainFan97 on March 29, 2017, 05:55:29 PM
Sorry about that. It's just that many of these may never happen, especially items related to Misty Island, as anything related to that island is heavily disliked by the fans.

I thought that was a 2018 prediction. I didn't know it was a general wishlist. I can share you my general wishlist:

HO engines only:
Daisy
BoCo (if he ever returns)
Stepney (if he ever returns)
Murdoch (if he ever returns; might be too big)
Timothy
Porter
Samson
Ryan
Sidney
Norman (if he gets more appearances and character development)
Stephen (design might be a little complicated)
Glynn

These are models I'm hoping to see in my lifetime. I'm trying to be realistic.
You're not going to seriously tell me that you think this list consists of predictions for next year?

Side note- I'm free to post whatever I please (within reason). The others are as well. I never once said that they shouldn't post.

Nowhere did I say that's what I wanted in 2018. I even went out of my way to say that it ISN'T a 2018 prediction, by saying it's what I wanted to see in my lifetime, so don't quote-mine me.

Also, can we please stop the drama? Let's just get back on topic and stop arguing.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Chaz

Thomasj219 is right, honestly. Especially when we haven't really invested in a separate wishlist thread of a long time now. It's almost irrelevant now. If it's mostly on topic and not hurting anyone, I'd say that it's appropriate for discussion.

I also don't like the fact that you're telling users that their thoughts are not legitimate and that you're shamelessly bullying them by telling them that they "ruined the thread" all because you don't agree with their actions. Honestly, if anything is "ruining the thread", it's your negativity that you're bringing into this thread which is bringing the same bad atmosphere that Jacob and Clearwater brought when they were around and I would honestly hate to see the same happen with you too.

To quote the Bach-man, "Behave or be gone!"
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Captain Crutch

Griffin, you went completely out of line and it would appear that you've deleted your original post saying something along the lines of "People like this are what's ruining this thread" and then want to say you never said it. I don't mean to start drama but I couldn't sit here and see you essentially bully a member for posting what is obviously a wishlist. If you would've said "That doesn't belong on this thread, another might suit it better" then we wouldn't be having this discussion. Like Chaz said if anyone's ruining the thread it's you.

I think for next year we're probably going to get a tank engine or two twin engines, maybe like Connor and Caitlyn. It's possible but I wouldn't put my money on it.
Formerly HLC Railroad, but now I'm back and better than ever!

Metal

Give first time users some slack without having to be condescending. I don't think this new guy did anything intrusive. Best to be constructive then critical.

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

First of all, I want to apologize to OPs and thomasj219 for my original comments. I shouldn't have been so harsh and I should've respected what thomas was trying to say in response. Apologies to all who had to get involved- I never intended for this to become a huge issue. I hope we can put it to rest. I will be PMing the OPs and thomasj219 personally as well. I'm normally never like this, and I don't know what came over me. I sincerely apologize to everyone for my behavior.
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Captain Crutch

It's fine mate, we all have our bad days, days where we're not always in total control. You apologized and that's what's important. Now let's get back on topic shall we? Let's not dwell on this matter any longer.
Formerly HLC Railroad, but now I'm back and better than ever!

TrainFan97

Does anyone think Bachmann should update Diesel with black siderods, and Bill and Ben with red wheels?
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

JD417

While Diesel's update would be pretty straightforward: a simple coat of paint, Bill and Ben getting updated would lead to them needed updated valve gear, and then that leads to a new running board piece, and I'm sure if they'd get that far, they'd give them CGI styled faces.
So it's very unlikely for the twins, more likely for Diesel

Something I'm quite frankly dumbfounded by at this point is the fact that Annie and Clarabel haven't gotten their grey running boards switched to black yet. I mean, all the Sound, and Celebration Thomas' have gotten black hooks instead of the standard's grey ones, so... ???

TrainFan97

If Bachmann updated Diesel with black siderods, it could also be possible to change his face to a more sinister-looking CGI face, which his Large Scale model is probably going to have.

To be honest, his "friendly" CGI face never really bothered me. It doesn't matter as long as the face is TV accurate, and it is. Diesel was the first HO model to have a CGI face, while Duck is the last model to have a model face, since Duck's model was made before his CGI render was publicly revealed.

It would be interesting to see HO Diesel revised with black siderods, but if they change his face too, it would be even more interesting. Some highly requested revisions on rolling stock include updating the milk and fuel tankers to their CGI designs. James will be the first engine to have an actual update.

Updating Bill and Ben to their CGI designs might require changing their running boards, which would make it difficult. Diesel's update would be giving him the siderods 'Arry and Bert have, and possibly a different face, but I'm not very sure about that. His face is already CGI.