News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas & Friends in 2018

Started by TerencetheTractor525, March 26, 2017, 02:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaz

I don't think Bachmann would ever consider releasing the diesels from the Mainland since they have no promotion or marketing going for them.  Since Paxton is now coming out in 2018 my money is definitely on either no new engine for HO, or at a push Sidney. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

TrainFan97

Yeah, I wouldn't expect a mainland diesel in the range. It was just a thought.

Now that Paxton is indeed delayed til next year, that means if Bachmann does announce an engine next February, Sidney is inevitable. I shouldn't get my hopes up for a new tooling, especially not Daisy. Worst case scenario is no new engine at all, like 2014.

If we get no new engine, then we'd definitely get one in 2019.

Here's my new speculation:

HO Scale:
Sidney
Explosives Van
Water Tanker
Troublesome Truck #6 (tanker)
Spiteful Brake Van

Narrow Gauge:
Peter Sam
Passenger Coach
Brake Van

Large Scale:

Iron 'Arry
Iron Bert
Water Tanker

The only thing that's holding Bachmann back from making Stepney is the fact that he still has yet to be rendered.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

mully

My predictions
Ho scale
I think possibly potter or Stephen,
van with explosives, f
Fat bed with logs or pipe,
Trevor..

N guage
Duncan
Red coach
Break van

Large scale
Possibly Edward or duck
Troublesome truck 3

Scenery
Ffarquar
Cottage
Coal bunker

DucktheGWREngine08

You mean Porter? Also, it looks like most of the releases are going to be of the British locomotive characters as of right now, plus it looks like they also want to release the BR Class 08 based characters for now, plus it wpuld be smarter to release Sir Handel or Peter Sam next for the narrow gauge line in my opinion.

mully

Yes porter my phone keyboard has been playing up last few days. And I personally think that sir Handel will be likely one of the last. Least popular of the original 6 skarloey railway engines and makes more financial sense to go for an engine like Duncan or peter Sam who is more popular and will sell more units. Hence this year bachmann went for rusty not sir Handel :) as for class 08s I highly doubt that bachmann will release another class 08 just yet.  
But thank you for ripping apart my opinion :). This is after all a thread where we voice our ideas for next in the Range.

thomasj219

He was just stating his thoughts on the likelyhooe of your choices. Not ripping apart your opinion. It's called discussion.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Chaz

Quote from: mully on August 16, 2017, 09:10:12 AM
But thank you for ripping apart my opinion :). This is after all a thread where we voice our ideas for next in the Range.

People are allowed to agree/disagree with different ideas as long as they are civil about it.  Duck's post was post was fair and honest and I even agree with him, but saying things like "thank you for ripping apart my opinion :)" just comes off as childishly edgy and is really unnecessary for this discussion.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

mully

Apologys. Im not really in a good place in my life and seeing everything as a personal attack. My issues and I apologize dealing with a lot since my mams death and everything else getting thrown at Me. Sorry for taking frustrations out here.

back to the discussion

thomasj219

No problem at all man.  Wasn't mad just didn't want you to feel bad. Stay strong my dude.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

TrainFan97

Sidney might be the last Class 08 character to be made in HO Scale.

Bridlington diesels and Splodge would have to be obtained through modelling. Several modellers have made Splatter and Dodge. As for a Bridlington diesel, you'd have to paint the stepladders white, and it would be tricky to get the hazard stripes under the stepladders.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

TrainCollector

Here's what I want for 2018. This is just what I think Bachmann should release yeah they sound a bit far fetched but I promise you it is possible,

HO Scale
Hiro
Water Tanker
Troublesome Truck #6
Spiteful Brakevan

HO narrow gauge
Sir Handle
Red narrow gauge coach
Red brakevan

Large Scale
Gordon
Express Composite Coach
Express Brake Coach

These are my hopes for 2018. I'm not sure if anyone else can see this but Bachmann could make Gordon in large scale. Heres my opinion. Gordon's front bogie and trailing wheels could turn sharper curves and his middle wheel would have to be not flanged. Bachmann have produced several 4-6-0 locomotives that run on 4' diameter curves. I don't think a 4-6-2 is going to be an issue. My train dealer even says so and he's a proffessional model railroader. Granite Gordon would be in the $400 range like Emily as far as suggested price but he would so be worth it. So come on guys lets stay hopeful for this one.

JLK2707

Here's what I want Bachmann to make in the Thomas and Friends range next year:

HO Scale:

1. Sidney
2. The Spiteful Brake Van
3. Explosives Van
4. Troublesome Truck 6 (Tanker)

Narrow Gauge:

1. Sir Handel
2. Skarloey Railways Passenger Coaches

Large Scale:

1. Iron 'Arry
2. Iron Bert
3. Edward, Henry, Gordon or Duck
4. Henrietta (Unlikely)

JLK2707

Quote from: TrainFan97 on August 17, 2017, 08:22:07 PM
Sidney might be the last Class 08 character to be made in HO Scale.

Bridlington diesels and Splodge would have to be obtained through modelling. Several modellers have made Splatter and Dodge. As for a Bridlington diesel, you'd have to paint the stepladders white, and it would be tricky to get the hazard stripes under the stepladders.

What makes you think that Sidney might be the final Class 08 character to be made in HO Scale?

JLK2707

Quote from: TrainCollector on August 18, 2017, 04:29:25 AM
Here's what I want for 2018. This is just what I think Bachmann should release yeah they sound a bit far fetched but I promise you it is possible,

HO Scale
Hiro
Water Tanker
Troublesome Truck #6
Spiteful Brakevan

HO narrow gauge
Sir Handle
Red narrow gauge coach
Red brakevan

Large Scale
Gordon
Express Composite Coach
Express Brake Coach

These are my hopes for 2018. I'm not sure if anyone else can see this but Bachmann could make Gordon in large scale. Heres my opinion. Gordon's front bogie and trailing wheels could turn sharper curves and his middle wheel would have to be not flanged. Bachmann have produced several 4-6-0 locomotives that run on 4' diameter curves. I don't think a 4-6-2 is going to be an issue. My train dealer even says so and he's a proffessional model railroader. Granite Gordon would be in the $400 range like Emily as far as suggested price but he would so be worth it. So come on guys lets stay hopeful for this one.

Would Henrietta still be possible or is she practically just out of the question now?

mully

It would be intresting to see Henrietta in large scale and maybe Release her with a face in HO its not that hard to add a face and bachmann already has the tooling. Also I wouldn't be too surprised if the water tankers are released too in HO and eventually large scale again bachmann already has the tooling