News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas & Friends in 2018

Started by TerencetheTractor525, March 26, 2017, 02:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NinjaCraft

Here's what we could possibly get from the 2018 line.
New Products:
HO Scale:
Standard Gauge:
Winston
Stanley
Hiro
Gordon's Green Express Composite Coach (Re-Introduction)
Gordon's Green Express Brake Coach (Re-Introduction)
Red Express Composite Coach (Re-Introduction)
Red Express Brake Coach (Re-Introduction)
Troublesome Truck 6 [Grey Tanker With Face]
Spencer's Special Brake Coach [He has one in the series now so it's time to get one from Bachmann.]
Flatbed With Logs
Celebration Percy & James [Why not?]
Rocky
Narrow Gauge:
Sir Handel
Peter Sam
Duncan
Red Narrow Gauge Coaches
Red Narrow Gauge Brake Van
Brown Narrow Gauge Brake Van
Narrow Gauge Flatbed
Large Scale:
James With Sound
Henry
Edward
Mavis
Gordon
Red Express Composite Coach
Red Express Brake Coach [I think we would get the Green Express Coaches in 2019]
Troublesome Trucks 3-5
Henrietta

~A loving Thomas fan.

TrainFan97

Okay, what was with the triple-posting on the last page?

And not another unrealistic prediction.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

DucktheGWREngine08

Quote from: JLK2707 on August 18, 2017, 06:26:07 AM
Quote from: TrainFan97 on August 17, 2017, 08:22:07 PM
Sidney might be the last Class 08 character to be made in HO Scale.

Bridlington diesels and Splodge would have to be obtained through modelling. Several modellers have made Splatter and Dodge. As for a Bridlington diesel, you'd have to paint the stepladders white, and it would be tricky to get the hazard stripes under the stepladders.

What makes you think that Sidney might be the final Class 08 character to be made in HO Scale?

Because he's the last main character in the series that is based on the Class 08.

TrainCollector

I can actually picture Gordon in Large scale in my head. First of all the middle wheel would have to not be flanged so he could turn tighter curves. Also it wouldn't matter how long Gordon is but what would matter is how far Gordon's leading bogies and trailing wheels turn. If they turn at a far enough angle, then Gordon should be able to navigate 4' diameter curves like Emily or James. The same goes for Henry and Spencer. I feel Bachmann should make these since we already have a DCC sound module for these characters.

TrainCollector

Quote from: JLK2707 on August 18, 2017, 06:31:28 AM
Quote from: TrainCollector on August 18, 2017, 04:29:25 AM
Here's what I want for 2018. This is just what I think Bachmann should release yeah they sound a bit far fetched but I promise you it is possible,

HO Scale
Hiro
Water Tanker
Troublesome Truck #6
Spiteful Brakevan

HO narrow gauge
Sir Handle
Red narrow gauge coach
Red brakevan

Large Scale
Gordon
Express Composite Coach
Express Brake Coach

These are my hopes for 2018. I'm not sure if anyone else can see this but Bachmann could make Gordon in large scale. Heres my opinion. Gordon's front bogie and trailing wheels could turn sharper curves and his middle wheel would have to be not flanged. Bachmann have produced several 4-6-0 locomotives that run on 4' diameter curves. I don't think a 4-6-2 is going to be an issue. My train dealer even says so and he's a proffessional model railroader. Granite Gordon would be in the $400 range like Emily as far as suggested price but he would so be worth it. So come on guys lets stay hopeful for this one.

Would Henrietta still be possible or is she practically just out of the question now?

Sorry I forgot to add Henrietta

mully

Does anyone have any theories on items that might be discontinued in 2018? Sorry of there's s thread btw

Chaz

In HO the only things I could see getting discontinued are 'Arry and Bert and some of the rolling stock.  Personally I think they should discontinue Spencer's coach and bring in some new express coaches in its place.

For Narrow gauge, I imagine that the Peco recolors will be the only things so far Bachmann will drop because of how ridiculously expensive they are.  Maybe once they run out of their current supply in their warehouse they will probably get discontinued and in return maybe make new toolings that'll be cheaper and more accurate in return like their slate wagons.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

TrainFan97

I really wish Bachmann UK made the Metropolitan-Vickers Co-Bo diesel, so more modelers could make BoCo. There is a Heljan model of the Co-Bo.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Plow_Bender

Personally I'm with Chaz on Arry and Bert being discontinued in 2018.  I was actually surprised they were in the catalogue this year considering how poor their sales have been.  I also feel like we'll probably see some rolling stock taken out of the range considering we've had a lot of recolors brought in lately.  For the last couple years I honestly felt like Spencer was going to be discontinued considering he was the most expensive model in the HO range, but he's not that far from Skarloey's price now that narrow gauge has been introduced.  Needless to say though, if Spencer did ever get discontinued, I'm sure his coach would follow.

I also think the Emily set will probably be taken out of the HO range soon as well, considering the James, Gordon, and Percy sets have been long since discontinued and Salty's set has followed close behind.  As I've heard from Bachmann themselves, many people want a set with Thomas rather than another character.  Emily's set may stick around considering she's a female character, but who knows?  Maybe we could introduce a Rosie set for 2018?  Just kidding, let's not give Bachmann any ideas. ;)

As for narrow gauge, I'll agree with Chaz again on the Peco wagons being discontinued.  The way I see it, Bachmann already has the slate trucks, so they could honestly get away with dropping the Peco stock unless they have a contract with them.  Nearly half the cost of the wagons right now is just to cover what Bachmann has to pay Peco for using their tooling.  Even if the slate trucks were the only rolling stock in the range for the next few years, we've at least got something.  I'm sure Bachmann would introduce more rolling stock in the future, but that's another topic.

Large scale I see possibly losing Percy (available separately) considering Thomas was taken out of the range last year.  I'm also thinking maybe S.C. Ruffey and/or the Tar Tanker for rolling stock as they have never appeared in CGI, which is the style of the large scale range.  I was going to say maybe Emily and her coaches because of how expensive she is, but I'm not sure on that considering she's 1 of only 5 engines in the range.  I'm almost certain however that if they don't discontinue the separately sold Percy, that we're probably going to lose the Percy set for the same reasons I was discussing with the HO Emily set.  I'd have my hopes up for Winston being discontinued, but that's not happening anytime soon...

Let me know what you guys think.

-Rusty
"If you can't beat them, hire someone to do it..."

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Quote from: Chaz on August 19, 2017, 04:30:37 PM
In HO the only things I could see getting discontinued are 'Arry and Bert

Quote from: Plow Bender on August 20, 2017, 11:04:02 AM
Personally I'm with Chaz on Arry and Bert being discontinued in 2018.  I was actually surprised they were in the catalogue this year considering how poor their sales have been. 

Precisely the reason I made a point of purchasing them last Christmas. Not that I have a huge interest in the characters or the models, but we all know what happens to the value of Bachmann Thomas products that are discontinued. (See- express coaches) Also, where are you guys getting the stats of "worst seller" vs. "best seller"? Is there an official list somewhere?
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

TrainFan97

I have a feeling those who weren't interested in 'Arry and Bert will definitely be interested in Paxton.

TrainCollector

I agree with Percy being discontinued in Large scale seeing as how we have a DCC sound Percy

SmokeyNSteamer

Here's an idea:

If they make Peter Sam and Sir Handel, then they should package with them a set of alternate nameplates, held onto the sides of the saddletanks by magnets (not sure if that would interfere with the motor, though), of their ex-Mid-Sodor monikers, Stewart and Falcon.

Likewise they could package an alternate funnel for Peter Sam, so people can alternate between Peter Sam's original funnel and his Giesel funnel.

DucktheGWREngine08

Quote from: SmokeyNSteamer on August 21, 2017, 02:16:03 AM
Here's an idea:

If they make Peter Sam and Sir Handel, then they should package with them a set of alternate nameplates, held onto the sides of the saddletanks by magnets (not sure if that would interfere with the motor, though), of their ex-Mid-Sodor monikers, Stewart and Falcon.

Likewise they could package an alternate funnel for Peter Sam, so people can alternate between Peter Sam's original funnel and his Giesel funnel.

You and a llt of people are wishing for stuff that won't happen mainly due to these thing NOT happening in the CGI seasons, which are the seasons being used now for the basis of the models.

TrainCollector

Peter Sam and Sir Handle will be based on their CGI renders like Skarloey and Rheneas. I know most people want Duke but unless Duke returns to CGI he most likely won't be happening.