News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas & Friends in 2018

Started by TerencetheTractor525, March 26, 2017, 02:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainFan97

For HO rolling stock, the Explosives Van is inevitable. Another great addition would be a Water Tanker, an obvious recolor of an existing tooling.

If Bachmann ever decides to make recolors of the Red Branch Line Coaches, should they make yellow, green, or orange coaches? I get that yellow and green ones were never actually in the show, but Bachmann has made plenty of rolling stock that wasn't in the show, since they had toolings. Orange branch line coaches were in the show, but have never been seen since Season 2. They had white roofs. I wonder if releasing them would be problematic, since they might look too much like Annie and Clarabel.

For the Works Unit coach, Bachmann would have to make a new tooling for that.

Toad and McColl's Cattle Car used toolings from Bachmann UK. Maybe some more interesting rolling stock can use toolings from Bachmann UK. I don't know if they'd ever make an engine from a Bachmann UK tooling, since they're always made from scratch. It would be like how Hornby made their Thomas models from existing toolings, but this is Bachmann.

As we all know, it's all Mattel's decision in the end.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Chaz

Regarding Duke, I think even if he were to return to CGI, I imagine he would still be in a lower priority.  Even after the rest original six, I would bet on Luke happening before Duke.

Quote from: mully on August 25, 2017, 10:58:15 AM
I do agree with that however Duncan. I know I keep coming back to him but here's why popularity thought the years Duncan has some how managed to get more lead roles in episodes based on the narrow gauge railway then peter Sam and sir Handel probably both combined.

The thing is, Peter Sam's usage has been a lot more consistent.  Yes, Duncan has had more starring roles but Duncan was brought into CGI much later after the first five engines.  Even outside of season 18 he hasn't done that much outside of that season.  Peter Sam has even had more merchandise after he was brought back into CGI making him more marketable by Hit/Mattel's standards, while Duncan only got one new toy which didn't stick around for very long.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

TrainFan97

When Bachmann eventually gets to Duncan, I hope he'll look just like Douglas (his basis) and not his sub-par CGI render. So far, they've made Skarloey resemble Talyllyn, and Rheneas Dolgoch.

I really think Luke will be the first one after we get the main six.

I could really care less about Freddie or Mighty Mac, who haven't appeared since Season 12.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

mully

Well there's an argument for all three main narrow gauge engines left to release like I say I'd prefer Duncan or peter sam before sir handel however no matter who I'm sure they will be great. I also agree with the tooling points as far as ho line is concerned  :). I am looking forward to seeing the narrow gauge coaches hopefully being released one day. However I will say I can see next years list being a small one in terms of releases with all of this years announcements still not in circulation or being shown at train shows or having production images as yet
... But who knows thats the fun of bachmann

Cheeky_ULP

No matter which one they make, as long as it has Talyllyn proportions it'll sell like hot cakes

just make Sir Handel before giving the range the cold shoulder Bachmann, please thank you

TrainFan97

I'd love to have an HO Scale Works Unit Coach, since it's been making more appearances in the CGI series. I'd definitely buy a model. The only thing is that Bachmann would need to make a new tooling for it. They rarely make rolling stock with new toolings these days. This coach shouldn't be too hard. You don't necessarily need a breakdown train for it, as it's been used without it many times.

I don't see Bachmann making Judy and Jerome anytime soon, but the coach isn't too out of the question.

In the model series and Nitrogen eras, the works coach was green. As of The Adventure Begins, it's now orange, like in the Railway Series.

SilviaGunner

Hello, Hello, Hello. My name is SilviaGunner & I am here to tell you my wishlist for 2018....

HO
-Sydney
-Dart
-Den
-Troublesome Truck #6
-China Clay Wagon
-Re-designed Brake-Van
-Re-designed Thomas
-Re-designed Percy
-More Resin Structures

HO Narrow Guage
-Peter Sam
-Sir Handel

Large Scale
-Edward
-Henry
-Gordon
-Conflat
-Express Coaches
-Red Branch-Line Coaches

Please tell me what you think...

Titanic5972

Why? Honestly I'm getting sick of these ridiculous wishlists. This will be my last post on here, other forums have much more realistic people that don't post wishlists until December, right before new releases are announced.

Cheeky_ULP

TrainFan97

As much as I'd love to see Thomas and Percy redesigns, they may not happen anytime soon, since tooling changes are much harder than color changes. In addition, Bachmann would have to get permission from Mattel to do so. They can't make unauthorized changes.

So many people act like Bachmann's like Wooden Railway or TrackMaster.

mully

If bachmann do redesign Thomas and Percy I personally think it would lead to more people moaning about how Mattel are ruining the range yet again. Either way I'd be happy with either old designs and would buy a new design. And yes that is a bit unrealistic maybe we should stick to a 2 locos, 3 rolling stock, for each part of the range?

NinjaCraft

Ok I have narrowed down the possibilities to this list.
HO Scale:
Standard Gauge:
Engines:
Hiro
Stanley
Rolling Stock:
Rocky
Troublesome Truck #6 (Fuel Tanker With Face)
Red Express Composite Coach (Re-Introduction)
Red Express Brake Coach (Re-Introduction)
Narrow Gauge:
Peter Sam
Sir Handel
Red Narrow Gauge Coach
Red Narrow Gauge Brake Van
Brown Narrow Gauge Brake Van
Large Scale:
Engines:
Mavis
Bill
Ben
Rolling Stock:
Red Express Composite Coach
Red Express Brake Coach
Well Wagon
Mail Car
Henrietta
~A loving Thomas fan.

mully

Out of your engines there I can see Stanley being made rather then hiro I dunno why i just think he would be a better seller. I think maybe even Ryan even tho very new would be a good seller. Rolling stock truthfully no idea bachmann always surprises us. Narrow gauge I can see one or two items being made you mentioned. Large scale both good ideas Mavis adds another diesel and a female however her model has been discontinued in ho scale so... Bill and Ben another good idea I think they would sell well. I think a mail car and Henrietta (updated with face) would be both good additions to large scale too

Chaz

Quote from: mully on September 03, 2017, 04:26:03 PM
Mavis adds another diesel and a female however her model has been discontinued in ho scale so...

The Mavis model is not discontinued and is still in production.

Also I think Ryan would be a likely candidate too since by next year he would have been around by three years and is a tank engine with a color contrast, something I imagine Mattel would be on board with.  I could see him being more popular than Rosie.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

TrainFan97

If Bachmann ever makes the orange branch line coach, it can be a recolor of the Annie/Clarabel tooling. The red coaches have a different tooling.

For an engine with a new tooling, Ryan would make a great addition to HO Scale, but with Paxton delayed, it could still happen, or we might get another recolor like Sidney, or no new engine at all.

Philip looks easy for a new tooling, since he's very small and boxy.

Stanley is also possible for a new tooling.

For recolors, Sidney is more likely than Cherry Rosie, since Rosie's new livery is too new. Rosie's model just recently got released. Sidney has the highest chance. He is also the last of the Class 08 characters in the CGI series (excluding the mainland diesels).

Norman is a tough choice, since he hasn't had very many speaking roles. He's made many cameos, but still has yet to have his own dedicated episode. Just looking at his overall merchandise, it is pitiful. Only Wooden Railway and Take n Play, and they're both discontinued. Even Sidney has had more merchandise, and even he's starting to make more appearances. Does Mattel really care about Norman? They managed to give Sidney his own episode. Why not Norman? In addition, Norman would also require a new tooling, though it doesn't look too hard, since being a diesel, he has a box body, and he's a shunter. Still, it's hard to expect him in the range just yet.