News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas & Friends in 2018

Started by TerencetheTractor525, March 26, 2017, 02:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metal

I'm the same with Nia and Rebecca.

I'm personally don't think the idea of an African Engine is a bad thing, given that cultural diversity has proven to work with the show ever since the start of it's CGI transition. But the problem with Nia is how the concept is being marketed, given that BWBA is politically motivated.

JLK2707

I agree. I honestly think that they should have just left Edward, Henry and Toby alone. They should also have done this with the narrator too. >:(

Angelob6660

I watch the Thomas shows over on YouTube. 

Right now it's hard to predict season 22 without watching it yet.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

Trainboy100

I went over to Star Hobby yesterday and got bachmann Oliver but before bought him the man who was working their said that Rusty might come out some time in the spring of 2018. :)

also for 2018 i think they should make:
Engines:
Ashima
Ryan
Narrow Gauge Sir Handel
Narrow Gauge Peter Sam
Rolling Stock:
Gordon's express coaches (Re-Release CGI style)
Old Slow Coach
Rocky
Non-Rail:
Trevor
Elizabeth
Sodor Search and Rescue center

I'll leave it up to the who want more Large Scale :)

Angelob6660

I would like it if they did remade the Gordon's composition and brake coaches.

Since I have 3 coaches I think the CGI version would be okay. But the only difference would be the yellow stripe between the cream and green.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

TerencetheTractor525

Quote from: Trainboy100 on December 27, 2017, 09:23:27 AM
I went over to Star Hobby yesterday and got bachmann Oliver but before bought him the man who was working their said that Rusty might come out some time in the spring of 2018. :)

also for 2018 i think they should make:
Engines:
Ashima
Ryan
Narrow Gauge Sir Handel
Narrow Gauge Peter Sam
Rolling Stock:
Gordon's express coaches (Re-Release CGI style)
Old Slow Coach
Rocky
Non-Rail:
Trevor
Elizabeth
Sodor Search and Rescue center

I'll leave it up to the who want more Large Scale :)

Most of these suggestions seem doable. The only two that I cannot see happening are Ashima and the Sodor Search and Rescue Center. Ashima has a very complex and costly side rod configuration, and the Sodor Search and Rescue Center consists of multiple massive buildings that may be too expensive to make. Even so, Old Slow Coach is an interesting choice as she was only seen in Season 5. However, since Bachmann announced the Spiteful Brake Van in large scale, she may be a possible option, especially if there is a Bachmann UK tooling that could be used (just like Toad and McColl's Cattle Wagon).
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Well...

See if you can spot the difference on the tender...surely Mattel/FP wouldn't have allowed Bachmann to make this minor change, yet leave the rest of James' flaws untouched, right? Indicates to me that maybe Bachmann just didn't feel any changes were necessary. Sadly, this re-release is far from what I and I assume many others were hoping for.
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Chaz

That's cute.

Just finished fixing mine up today.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

sean1994rail

Quote from: Griffin on December 28, 2017, 12:06:40 PM

Well...

See if you can spot the difference on the tender...surely Mattel/FP wouldn't have allowed Bachmann to make this minor change, yet leave the rest of James' flaws untouched, right? Indicates to me that maybe Bachmann just didn't feel any changes were necessary. Sadly, this re-release is far from what I and I assume many others were hoping for.
Okay. I admit it is not the perfect re-design for James, but it is better than previous IMO, with the black wheels and tender axles, and the black coupling hooks are a bonus. thank you bachmann.

DrNickRiviera995

I've been away from the hobby for a while and was intriqued to look back into the site here and see what's new.

I noticed Salty isn't listed and he seems HTF on ebay too.  Was he really discontinued?  Seems like all the other engines that had been released are still available, or am I missing anything?

Anyway, back to the topic of 2018.  I love the idea of the Narrow Guage railway, so I hope we get at least one new engine and some rolling stock in that range.  Hopefully Peter Sam, Sir Handel, Duncan or Rusty are the ones I'm most familiar with.

And in the main HO range I always wanted Diesel 10.  Also Paxton would be great and an easy recolor.  Beyond that I'd love Den and Dart.

I wish we could also get some new cool accessories like a Steamworks or Dieselworks.

Chaz

Rusty and Paxton have already been announced.

Salty is the only engine so far that is discontinued.

TrainshockeylifE

Has anyone seen any pics or prototypes of Rusty, by this time we had pics of the other narrow gauge engines, is he gonna take longer?

Chaz

If we get pictures of Rusty anytime soon, I would assume probably in February at the Toy Fair or in the 2018 catalog. 

DrNickRiviera995

Quote from: Chaz on December 29, 2017, 10:02:17 PM
Rusty and Paxton have already been announced.

Salty is the only engine so far that is discontinued.

Thanks, NP, discovered the 2017 announcement list after I posted.  I just assumed at first things that had been announced would be listed in the store section buy saying coming soon or something as I thought they did in the past for new items.

TheJJ

I have not been on the forums in a very very long time, when was Rusty announced?