News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas & Friends in 2018

Started by TerencetheTractor525, March 26, 2017, 02:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kemptown Branch

For 2018, I think they might skip an engine considering Paxton isn't out yet. I think for rolling stock they would do the explosives van and the Spiteful Brakevan.

For Narrow Gauge, i think they should do Peter Sam and the red and green BMQ trucks and a brown brakevan. They could also do a starter set with Skarloey and some wagons.
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

TerencetheTractor525

Quote from: JJ96 on December 30, 2017, 01:19:59 PM
I have not been on the forums in a very very long time, when was Rusty announced?

Rusty was announced in the Official 2017 Announcements Thread, which was posted in February of this year. Here is the link to it...

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,33240.0.html

Quote from: TrainMan2001 on December 30, 2017, 04:36:20 PM
For 2018, I think they might skip an engine considering Paxton isn't out yet. I think for rolling stock they would do the explosives van and the Spiteful Brakevan.

For Narrow Gauge, i think they should do Peter Sam and the red and green BMQ trucks and a brown brakevan. They could also do a starter set with Skarloey and some wagons.

That's one of the most realistic lists I've seen yet. I'd be all for it. The only things missing are large scale, and at least one new resin building (which is what I love to see in the 2018 Announcements, especially if there is no new HO loco). If anyone who has not been on the forum lately is curious, some folks and I have made a few suggestions for resin buildings in past posts in this thread (specifically pages 15-16). In addition, back in November, Alex generously made a poll that everyone could vote once in. I'll paste the link below for anyone who is interested.

http://www.strawpoll.me/14346400

Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

Kemptown Branch

I forgot about the resin buildings. I think they should do a narrow gauge engine shed. I don't know what to do for large scale though.

TerencetheTractor525

Quote from: TrainMan2001 on December 30, 2017, 11:05:55 PM
I forgot about the resin buildings. I think they should do a narrow gauge engine shed. I don't know what to do for large scale though.

Great choice! Is the shed that Peter Sam is in what you are thinking of?

ChaoticCreeper55

Terence, what do you mean by the Narrow Gauge Sheds from Seasons 4/5? Could you please put a picture? Thanks!

-CC55

Kemptown Branch

Quote from: TerencetheTractor525 on January 03, 2018, 10:20:38 PM

I originally couldn't think of one, but seeing as the only location in Thomas & Friends I would want to model is Boulder Quarry (I lost interest in the show after JBS) those sheds are perfect.

TerencetheTractor525

Quote from: ChaoticCreeper55 on January 03, 2018, 10:57:43 PM
Terence, what do you mean by the Narrow Gauge Sheds from Seasons 4/5? Could you please put a picture? Thanks!

-CC55

The shed that Peter Sam is in above is actually it  :).

TerencetheTractor525

Quote from: TrainMan2001 on January 03, 2018, 11:18:52 PM
Quote from: TerencetheTractor525 on January 03, 2018, 10:20:38 PM

I originally couldn't think of one, but seeing as the only location in Thomas & Friends I would want to model is Boulder Quarry (I lost interest in the show after JBS) those sheds are perfect.

That's awesome! Well, when looking at the resin buildings poll, it seems that this narrow gauge shed currently has the most votes. Because of this, hopefully, Bachmann will consider it.

ChaoticCreeper55

Quote from: TerencetheTractor525 on January 04, 2018, 09:56:43 PM

-CC55

Oh ok thanks!!!

-CC55

TrainFan97

Only one more month before we find out whether or not we even get an engine announced this year, considering Paxton is delayed to release possibly in summer. His image should be revealed soon.

The specific day of the announcements might be not long after Valentines day. Usually happens on a Friday.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

TerencetheTractor525

Quote from: ChaoticCreeper55 on January 04, 2018, 10:15:50 PM
Quote from: TerencetheTractor525 on January 04, 2018, 09:56:43 PM

-CC55

Oh ok thanks!!!

-CC55

You're welcome!

Chaz

Bachmann UK announced more 009 products today which is definitely exciting but once I got a look at their new Talyllyn slate wagons and...

They re-used the same tooling as the Thomas range and it's a three pack and they're weathered and a better value for money than the Thomas ones.

Now I have no doubt we will be getting more TR-based stock in the Thomas announcements.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

They are charging almost identical prices for three weathered slate trucks in the UK vs. one un-weathered truck here in the US. Insane!
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

BassTbone

Considering we got these a year earlier than the UK did and the fact they are under the Thomas brand is probably why they are $30 a piece. 

DrNickRiviera995

Wow, I was really shocked when I saw how expensive the NG rolling stock was for the Thomas range!

Are there any other toolings that are reused without the Thomas branding that would make good alternatives to save on cost?