News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC Sound at Startup

Started by jprince46, March 09, 2017, 11:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jprince46

Have a Sound Value HO Scale S4 and was wondering if there is a CV value that allows the unit to power on with the sound off?

Hunt

Hunt

Quote from: Hunt on March 09, 2017, 12:59:44 PM
No.
CV 128 is master volume control. Programming CV 128 = 0 will turn off all sounds so when the locomotive is powered up - no sounds.

You will have to program CV 128 = 192 (factory default value) or the volume you want, to turn on sound. Sound will not automatically start with speed step one.

jprince46

Thanks - looked through the docs - but was hoping it might be an undocumented "feature"  8) 8) 8)

dutchbuilder

Funtion button 8 , sound off

Ton

Hunt

Quote from: dutchbuilder on March 09, 2017, 06:24:47 PM
Funtion button 8 , sound off

Ton

F8 does not accomplish what is wanted - Sound Value decoder equipped locomotive to power on with sound off.

Trainman203

Sound value decoders left out cv 113, present on older Spectrum sound equipped engines.  If programmed with a time value, the engine would start up silent until it moved or some function was pressed. That and other big omissions like coupler crash and dynamo, but inclusion of a useless steam age oxymoron like headlight dimming, soured me.

DAVE2744

My work around for this is to "mute" the sound before turning power off to layout.  When power is restored to layout, engine will remain silent forever until "un-muted".

RBDNHM

On at least some Soundtraxx based Sound Value decoders, there is an auto start sound option, I think at cv 198.  And you can interlock sound with movement.  I know it exists on EMD F7A.