News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Alco S4 DCC with Sound

Started by Trainmaker, April 23, 2017, 05:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainmaker

???My S4 Operates fine on DCC , but nothing on DC . Engine noise at about 7 volts but nothing else even with controller turned all the way up. I have a MRC 260. I'm new at this , I don't have a clue.

ACY

Assuming you have an advanced DCC system capable of programming Configuration Variables, you can do a reset on the decoder. If that doesn't work check to makes sure analog operation wasn't disabled. Also you can change the start voltage.
If you don't have a system capable of programming.... Might I suggest to remove the decoder and install jumpers to run it on DC

jonathan

Your locomotive comes "dual mode" from the factory... meaning it will run on DC and DCC as delivered.  IF you bought this second hand, there is a very real possibility the previous owner set the decoder to run in only DCC. If so, it would be normal for lights and idle sounds to work on DC, but no movement.

Of course ACY kinda covered this already.  I just wanted to emphasize what he wrote, as this is quite a common problem that most new owners have.

Regards,

Jonathan

Trainmaker

:)Thanks ACY and Jonathan. I'll give you Guy's ideas a try.

Trainmaker

:D Reset decoder, S4 works great on DCC and DC! Thanks again!