News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Acela won't run

Started by Gold Star, April 30, 2017, 07:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gold Star

I bought he Acela set. Put it on the tracks, using the EZ Command DCC power source. The Acela won't run, whereas all other engines do run on the same track. I've followed all instructions to the letter. Am I missing something? Or should I return the set?

jonathan

If it is dcc (decoder equipped), look for a switch on the roof. It switches from pantograph to track power. Many sets came from the factory set to run pantograph.

Also, check for a decoder. Most sets came DCC ready without a decoder.

Regards,

Jonathan

ACY

It is most likely one of the things that Jonathan mentioned, so you don't need to return the set.

Gold Star

I had already checked the switch you mention. Makes no difference which position it's in. Engine won't run on #3 or DC only.

Looking to see if set is DCC ready or on board. Says DCC on board.

ACY

Visually verify that the locomotive actually has a decoder inside and that no wires are loose or frayed. Try doing a factory reset if it does have a decoder and everything appears to be in order.

Gold Star

Wow! Not a pro here. How do I do a factory reset? Taking it apart and knowing what I'm looking for seems daunting. Shouldn't the seller be responsible for a working products/

ACY

Quote from: Gold Star on April 30, 2017, 04:13:39 PM
Wow! Not a pro here. How do I do a factory reset? Taking it apart and knowing what I'm looking for seems daunting. Shouldn't the seller be responsible for a working products
Your product could very well be working but you just don't realize it. Program CV 8 to a value of 8 to do a factory reset. If you show us a picture with the shell removed we can tell you if your locomotive has a DCC decoder or just has an 8 pin socket.

Gold Star

What is CV 8? I don't follow your reset instructions. Thanks.

ACY

CV is Configuration Variable, you need to program CV number eight to a value of eight to do a factory reset on the decoder, this is the case for all basic Bachmann factory supplied decoders (non sound). All you need to do is select to program either on the main or the service track, it doesn't matter and type in 8 when it prompts you for a CV number and then type in 8 when it prompts you for a value.

Gold Star

Thanks for the effort, but this is way above my pay grade. I searched for some instruction on how to change the CV, but nowhere did I find an explanation beyond connecting your computer to the DCC. No one explains how to do that!

They sold me a train that doesn't run for whatever reason, period. I'm returning the set.

Jhanecker2

To Gold Star :  Your EZ  Command  is a basic  DCC controller  it has no facilities to  Change  CV s . It is time for you to get information about the systems you are trying to control . Also  EZ command does not allow a computer to  access your controller  what so ever .  Sorry about your lack of experience with technology .
John2.

Bucksco

You might want to contact the Bachmann service department - they may be able to help.
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/service.php