News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann DCC Turnouts & Crossovers

Started by TexasRailroader, May 03, 2017, 08:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasRailroader

Bachmann's product description for the DCC EZ Track turnouts and crossovers state that they are compatible with all NMRA-compliant DCC systems with easy installation and programming. I'm moving beyond EZ-Command given it's limitations in being able to communicate with a PC and JMRI. I've begun using a simple system called DCC++ along with JMRI to run my layout and program my DCC decoders and this system works beautifully.

One issue I'm having is getting JMRI to communicate with the Bachmann turnouts. They come with a preprogrammed address of 3 and I can still control and reprogram the turnouts with EZ-Command, but not with the NMRA compliant DCC++ Base Station and JMRI.

JMRI doesn't seem to be able to communicate with the Bachmann turnouts no matter what address I type in. I know, in theory, you should be able to push in the button on the turnout, then it toggles twice, and then you should be able send it the new address but the Bachmann turnout doesn't seem to be listening to the JMRI commands.

When the EZ-Command controller sends a message to the turnout, with an address of 3 for example, what command or number is it really sending?

How can I get the turnouts to respond to JMRI?

Please advise.