News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Front couplers

Started by sour rails, December 06, 2007, 12:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sour rails

??? I'm curious, why does Bachmann have couplers on the front of some of their locos but not some others?  Thomas, Percy, and James do not have these front couplers, but Gordon, Henry, Toby, and Spencer do.  The pictures of Edward and Mavis do not indicate such couplers, but the picture of Emily do.
     My first loco was Percy, shortly followed by James.  At first, I thought that they were made without the front coupler to look more like the episodes.  Then I found that only some of the engines have them.  Thus bringing about this puzzlement.
  Anyone have any comments about this?
Sometimes, true greatness comes in small packages.  ~Sour Rails

Nickel Plate Road~Resurgence

8) 8) Sour Rails 8) 8) [move]

Corrie Thompson

Ok I am not sure but I think that Thomas, Percy, and James were released back in 2000 something.  Now Gordon, Henry, Toby, Emily, and Spencer were realased in 2005-2007.  I think that when Thomas, Percy, and James were released that Bachmann had no plans on putting hooks on the front of their locomotives.  I have no idea you'll need to ask Bach-Man as I have the flue and am to sick to think.

The Chaz Storm

Yes I think it was that in the earlier years back in 2002 Thomas, Percy, and James were released and they did not include front couplers and there were complaints about that.  Then Gordon and Henry came in 2005 and they came with front couplers, and they got complaints too. :P  On my perspective in this situation I think that because so many people complained about Thomas, Percy, and James not getting front couplers they must have decided for every engine that they make in the future end up getting front couplers.

Michael

lol.  I just take the front ones off. 

sour rails

OK, but the pictures of Edward and Mavis do not show a front coupler; however, the picture of Emily does.  Aren't these the newest?
Sometimes, true greatness comes in small packages.  ~Sour Rails

Nickel Plate Road~Resurgence

8) 8) Sour Rails 8) 8) [move]

Rickenbacker 325

yes ;D ;D they are the newest  and Edward and Mavis are drawling so im not sure about those :-[ :-[

Quote from: Michael on December 07, 2007, 09:49:04 AM
lol.  I just took the front ones off. 
so did I :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
P.S. a long time ago ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Michael

haha.  me too.  Toby is the only onw with one.

The Chaz Storm

Seeing on what has been going on with the newer models it is very possible that Edward and Mavis will end up with front couplers too.

StanierJack

Quote from: Grovyle on December 08, 2007, 01:03:37 PM
Seeing on what has been going on with the newer models it is very possible that Edward and Mavis will end up with front couplers too.

That is no problem.

Corrie Thompson

Yes it is. :P  Heck its hard enough to try to get the one off Toby its going to be just as hard with Mavis. >:(

Rail-Runner192

with toby it is pretty hard. this is what i did. I had extra couplers so I just screwed them on front and presto.
Ready for New Items!!