A message to everyone, please read!

Started by The Chaz Storm, December 02, 2007, 10:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Chaz Storm

This forum once upon a time use to be a much happier forum until now.  Things went downhill for this forum...fast.  I am really getting annoyed with mainly the spamming and the fighting. 

Whenever I come onto this forum I somehow would have the idea that two members in particular (Names not mentioned) would end up causing spam or willing to pick a fight.  I really do not wish to have fights in this forum, in fact I don't want any fights at all.  Back in the old days I would always be happy to post in this forum and talk about the new products or anything Thomas related.  We can't really do that when we get off topic when we talk about something that is totally off topic on what the thread's subject is about. 

For example the Henrietta thread, look at what happened to it.  I was trying to keep things on topic but some of you guys think it is funny to make jokes about spam.  ???  Seriously if you guys really think that spamming a forum is funny then you shouldn't even be here in the first place causing so much trouble.  When we talk on this forum, can you guys please take things seriously?  I'm always up for laughter believe me, even for a good joke or two, but please save those for email or other outside contact instead of posting here when it will be off topic. 

Sometimes I would be stressed out so much I feel like I can rip all of my hair out!  I really care about this forum a lot, and I really enjoy talking about Thomas the Tank Engine (Mainly the Bachmann range in particular).  All of the fights here need to stop and they need to stop now, and I am not saying that you have to do this for me, or any of the other members who don't like spam, I'm asking you guys to do this for the Bach-man.  He must work very hard and I am sure he would be very cross with us if stuff like this keeps on happening.  Please I am begging you guys, stop with the spamming and arguements it will make this forum a sweeter, a better, and a happier place. ;)

metal4life

You know, you're absolutely right. Everyone, you don't realize that if Chaz hasn't been doing what he's been doing, this whole entire sub-forum would be in complete dismay, and most likely resulting in the deletion/closing of it. Instead of bashing him like we have, we should recognize what he's doing, and give him a sign of respect and authority.
The spam and CHRONIC off-topicness really needs to stop here.
The fighting also needs to stop. We may disagree and become somewhat offended of someone else's post, but it is an everyday thing we must deal with in the real world. C'mon guys, lets get this forum and our acts together. Only then will we be really useful.

StanierJack

Myself

^Only if you're describing your own post. Unfortunately, you can't deny it. Chaz and Eddie have both made excellent points here. We've had to repeat it several times. Why can't some of us just grow up? I've seen at least 3 arguments here over the dumbest things (again, not mentioning any names). This otherwise enjoable board is completely ruined when someone decides to start a fight or spam. I've avoided posting here because I'm afraid someone will regard my post to be spam or pointless.

Corrie Thompson

Chaz if you think I am making trouble I am not. :(  I talked to Bach-Man on the phone and he has warned me that if I dont behave my tractors won't be on here much longer. :'(  But proving a point Bach-Man done need to put up with any Hell around here and he can shut the fourm down whenever he wants.  It wont be that hard.
Chaz has a point everyone lets make this a better place. ;)

ThomasFan247

deffinetly agree with all of u. and guys if i caused any trouble please tell me cos i dont want 2 cause any trouble and i want mr.b 2 proud of all of us here on his forum.  :)

traindude109

Quote from: StanierJack on December 03, 2007, 02:45:11 AM
yet more spam!

Yes your post is Spam.  :P  ::)

Chaz you are very right. A few of you guys on this section of the forum get out of hand a lot. I usually never post here, but I do read some threads just to see what and who has gone wrong this time and every time I am shocked at how the stupidest little comments turn into a huge flame war.

If you guys want to keep this part of the Bachmann forum, the "nameless" should get their act together. It does not take much effort to issue a little respect for the people on this board. If a post is made and you feel you must respond to it with some unneeded comment, just stop right there.....don't post, click the back button and go browse another topic. It takes less effort to ignore a post then to make a comment that will escalate into something worse.

When in doubt, scratch it out! - A helpful tip I have learned while on different forums....

Thanks for your time.....
Matt

Boulder Creek and Western Railroad (G scale 1:20.3)

The Chaz Storm

I am glad that you guys have read my message, and I am very pleased that we can make this forum peaceful once again. :) 

Also I can answer a few of those questions for you guys:

Thomas, let me just say you have done much better not to mention you have done better into forum posting, even though you are younger then most of us you have done good so far with the board, keep up the good work. ;)

Corrie, I know that you don't mean to cause trouble, just remember sometimes you need to keep things on topic and don't try to get angry at people all the time if you do then it leads into arguments.  Don't forget though, you are the one making Steam Vs. Diesel and other projects, you have made most members very proud of you, so don't be discouraged or uncomfortable about the forum.  :)

But don't forget most of you members are doing a great job, I see Michael, EdwardsDriver, and many other members as good role models too for the forum, not to mention very polite and kind members of the board.  Those members and other members are good examples for other members to follow. ;)  Overall though I am impressed with everyone's enthusiasm in this situation and I would like this forum to be happy again. ;)

ThomasFan247

Quote from: Sonic the Hedgehog on December 03, 2007, 07:17:07 PM
Thomas, let me just say you have done much better not to mention you have done better into forum posting, even though you are younger then most of us you have done good so far with the board, keep up the good work. ;)

Thanks Chaz!  ;D by the way im turning 11 on Sat. BOT.

Corrie Thompson

Quote from: Sonic the Hedgehog on December 03, 2007, 07:17:07 PMCorrie, I know that you don't mean to cause trouble, just remember sometimes you need to keep things on topic and don't try to get angry at people all the time if you do then it leads into arguments.  Don't forget though, you are the one making Steam Vs. Diesel and other projects, you have made most members very proud of you, so don't be discouraged or uncomfortable about the forum.  :)
Thanks.  Sorry bout the language in my one post.  But I didn't put it there to make myself sound cool its there because I am talking serious. ;)

PRRThomas11

Guys- first of all this is a big waste of time.
Second, Bachmann is not getting rid of this forum. This is how they make money.
Third, the people who read this forum who aren't members laugh at us. Not the people who spam( :P) they laugh at the people who write newsletter-like topics about the people who do spam. Why can't you all learn to DEAL WITH IT.

(I don't think the Bach-man minds, he probably gets a good laugh in every time he reads what we have to say :D)

So just "leave this topic alone for now" and get on with your lives. I don't even need to say that 'cause someone else always has to get the last word in... but, whatever. Merry Christmas, Happy Hunakkuh(?),  Kwanza, and to all a good night.

PRRThomas11- "The Standard Railfan of the World" 

The Chaz Storm

Quote from: PRRThomas11 on December 03, 2007, 10:06:18 PM
Guys- first of all this is a big waste of time.
Second, Bachmann is not getting rid of this forum. This is how they make money.
Third, the people who read this forum who aren't members laugh at us. Not the people who spam( :P) they laugh at the people who write newsletter-like topics about the people who do spam. Why can't you all learn to DEAL WITH IT.

(I don't think the Bach-man minds, he probably gets a good laugh in every time he reads what we have to say :D)

So just "leave this topic alone for now" and get on with your lives. I don't even need to say that 'cause someone else always has to get the last word in... but, whatever. Merry Christmas, Happy Hunakkuh(?),  Kwanza, and to all a good night.

This is the kind of stuff I am talking about here.  I'm not trying to sound rude or anything like that, but you are basically one of the most rude members on this board I have ever seen. 

Also I think we all know that the Bach-man would never delete this board. ;)

Also I am trying to make peace in this board, if you have nothing nice to say in this situation, don't say nothing at all and move on with your life on the board.

Also I think we can take care of this if we learn to get along and stay on topic then things can be happy for this forum once again. ;)

Corrie Thompson

Yes Chaz is right.  I see it this way some people on this forum need shot in the face and set straight. :P

metal4life

PRRThomas11

Alright guys. Lets just chill now and forget about it.
PRRThomas11- "The Standard Railfan of the World"