A message to everyone, please read!

Started by The Chaz Storm, December 02, 2007, 10:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Chaz Storm

Right, we need more peace around these boards and if we stay on topic and not fight things will be perfect for this forum once again. ;)

Jake

I think another thing that needs to be spoken about is spelling and grammar. I am not going to mention any names. But seriously, how hard is it to take 3 extra minutes to check your spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization? If English isn't your strong spot, get Mozilla FireFox, (www.mozilla.org) which has a built in spell checker, or get the Google Tool Bar, which also has a built in spell checker. (http://www.google.com/tools/firefox/toolbar/FT3/intl/en/index.html)

Ya' no? ;D
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

The Chaz Storm

That I agree with, sometimes I do see some posts that don't really make much sense because of grammar and spelling.  BTW this post means no offense to people who make spelling/grammar errors. ;)

metal4life

It does become irritating when somone posts an on-topic post but it seems irrelevant to the topic due to spelling errors. But we can't really blame these people, whether it be age or not having English as their first or main language.

The Chaz Storm

True, I mean it is not like members of bad spelling mean any harm to us, it's sometimes hard to understand what they say, but gradually sometimes those members get better, I know I've seen it happen before. :)

metal4life

Look on the bright side, at least they're trying their best and not slaughtering the words in the worst of ways. Or speaking another language entirely. :P No offence to anyone :D

PRRThomas11

PRRThomas11- "The Standard Railfan of the World" 

The Chaz Storm

Things are going fine until just now I noticed we got not one, not two but THREE threads that were unneeded: one was off topic, one (I could kinda tell) was a misunderstanding, and the last one was another Emily thread.

You guys, please stop posting topics that are really unneeded.  I know you guys are excited for Emily to come out and believe me, I am too, but out of all honesty do we really have to make a lot of threads about Emily coming out?  I am sure you guys will understand that we have a Thomas topic for that for us to post in so please keep all Emily questions here. ;)

One more thing, please do not post threads that are really off topic like what happened earlier.  Yes Thomas and the Magic Railroad is a great movie and it was cool hearing about it being on TV, but it is certainly not worth making a thread over. 

This forum is doing better I will admit, and some of you guys are really starting to improve on your behavior as in no fighting/wars but we still need to work on staying on topic, which I am sure we will accomplish ;)