News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2017 ON30 annual magazine

Started by aussie geoff, January 05, 2017, 02:50:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

p51

I have been told the Annual has been seen on the shelves of Whistle Stop trains in Portland, Oregon.
Many authors have their copies as do most (if not all) pre-orders.
Mine showed up today.
I don't think I've ever seen anyone taking photos of a magazine alongside the real layout, so I figured, why not?

-Lee

Terry Toenges

I got mine today. When they feature layouts, I wish they would show a track plan or a long shot on all of them so you can get an idea what the whole thing looks like.
Feel like a Mogul.

p51

Quote from: Terry Toenges on May 09, 2017, 07:50:47 PM
I got mine today. When they feature layouts, I wish they would show a track plan or a long shot on all of them so you can get an idea what the whole thing looks like.
I agree that I, too, was wondering what some of them looked like overall. But the track plans are submitted with the articles, so it's up to the writers.
I did one with my layout article, though. They reproduced it very small but you still can get the idea.
-Lee

Terry Toenges

P51 - Are you Rich?   Even though it's a small pic, I can still tell what it is. I can look at the photos and see where they relate to the layout as a whole.  Neat job you have done with it.
Feel like a Mogul.

p51

Quote from: Terry Toenges on May 10, 2017, 02:04:10 PM
P51 - Are you Rich?   Even though it's a small pic, I can still tell what it is. I can look at the photos and see where they relate to the layout as a whole.  Neat job you have done with it.
Unsure of the context for the first question. The answer is either: No, I'm middle class or, No, my name is Lee
As for the shots, thanks. I was reading through the magazine for the first time, sitting in my layout room, when it occurred to me that I'd never seen photos of someone reading a model train magazine about a layout while standing in/adjacent to it. So I went even further with that idea.
This is the first real layout I ever built and the first article I've ever had printed in any model train publication (I've been printed plenty of time in military history magazines over the years, though).
I already have the idea for an article for the 2018 Annual which Chris Lane (the editor) gave the thumbs up for.
I also intend on doing a first-person article on my layout as if in the perspective of someone who'd been there in the 1940s.
-Lee

Terry Toenges

Sorry. I thought the article was by Rich White. Maybe I'd better look again. And Duh. I see your railroad is in your signature. Silly me.
Feel like a Mogul.

p51

Quote from: Terry Toenges on May 10, 2017, 07:09:43 PM
Sorry. I thought the article was by Rich White.
Ah. He did a good job on his, liked the article and his modeling.
-Lee