News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC question for the Bach Man

Started by Warflight, May 11, 2017, 10:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warflight

Or, the yardmaster, or anyone familiar with Bachmann  E-Z Command® Control Center.

Okay, so, my birthday was just last week (May the Fourth be with you! HA!) and i bought myself a little treat... I bought the Echo Valley Express train sets (I do love sets) so I could kinda dive (well, wade, actually) into DCC. I got it, and I loved it, and then, a friend (who didn't know I already got the Echo Valley) bought me a E-Z Command® Control Center controller, and an Alco 2-6-0 engine Sound Value (which, I wrote about in another thread... I'm LOVING it all so far) so my question is this.

Now, i know I can plug in a DC controller into the E-Z Command® Control Center... it's in the instructions, and in the video... but, and this is probably a "fat chance, get a job HIPPIE!" kinda situation, but, is it possible to plug in the other E-Z Command® Control Center? Like, running TWO E-Z Command® Control Centers at once on the same track?

Or does the second E-Z Command® Control Center just stay wrapped up as a spare, for one of those "just in case" situations? I remember once upon a time, there was a "Walk Around Companion" that didn't really let you walk around... which was still neat... I'm just wondering if there is a way, with two E-Z Command® Control Centers, that two people can run DCC engines at once using two E-Z Command® Control Centers is all.

(and because it's fun, and I said it a lot... "E-Z Command® Control Center")

Bucksco

You can only hook up one command unit. A companion throttle was previously offered but it is currently out of production.

Warflight

Dang... I was afraid you would say that. Oh well.

On the up side, I have an extra controller, for just in case!

(Hmmm... maybe this is a sign... TWO layouts!!!! Quick... I must buy more trains now!)

Joe323

Try ebay I refuse to believe someone won't have the walk around companion.

Warflight

Quote from: Joe323 on May 12, 2017, 01:47:46 PM
Try ebay I refuse to believe someone won't have the walk around companion.

You would think... the Walk Around Companion Panel Connectors are a dime a dozen on eBay, but the Walk Around Companion... not so much. When I ordered the Echo Valley Express, I wanted to learn all I could about the set, and the controller, so I watched a lot of Bachmann's Youtube videos, and that's where I first heard about the Walk Around Companion, and believe me, I checked eBay right away!

It's possible that not a lot of people bought them, and that's why they were discontinued. It's possible there are a bunch of them in a huge yet lonely warehouse, somewhere in the desert, being studied by "Top men".

Ckrails

Yardmaster,
If both units were plugged into the layout at different locations (say, opposite sides of the layout), can one be used when the other is turned off, or is there some trickle of power from the unit that's turned off that would interfere with the active unit? Also, a decoder would respond to same CV from both units, correct?

Bucksco

Only one unit should be hooked up to the track.