News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Journey Beyond Sodor thread

Started by TrainFan97, May 12, 2017, 05:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainFan97

Now that the first trailer is out, here is the official thread to discuss your thoughts on Journey Beyond Sodor!

However, there is a rumor that BoCo is supposed to return in this special, when there's no actual proof of it happening. I'll believe it when I see it. If that doesn't happen, then maybe someone was trolling us. There is always Season 21 though. We haven't seen returnee characters reintroduced in a season since Season 18, excluding Daisy's minor cameo in Thomas the Babysitter from Season 19.

This is the first time we see tankers with faces since Season 4, excluding Philip's fantasy of a tanker with Gordon's face in the last special.

Oliver and Duck appear to be in there for the fanservice, once again... which is really getting old...

Looks like the engines now move their bodies around when talking, like from Chuggington.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

MeganekkoFury1126

Considering it's been 3-4 years since Duck and Oliver have returned, I'm now just used to seeing them. It's not really different from how they were used in seasons 3-7.

As far as BoCo, I'm not counting on him returning in this movie, but maybe they'll do what they did with Daisy in Lost Treasure and have him pop up at the end.

TerencetheTractor525

The trailer of this special is rather impressive. I do like the overall animation with the exception of the engines bouncing around while communicating. Two things I do want to touch upon are in regards to Boco and Sixteen. I personally believe that Boco will not play a major role in the special. Instead, he'll most likely have the role that Daisy had in SLOTLT. However, the one I am very interested in is Sixteen. I'm not 100% sure that he is going to be in this special as I am trusting the words of someone on Twitter. Nevertheless, I do have a crazy prediction. Once Thomas and/or James reaches the Steelworks, and meets Hurricane and Frankie, wouldn't be interesting if Hurricane and/or Frankie told Thomas and/or James about the history of Sixteen at the Steelworks? It would be as if they are retelling the story "Cab Over Wheels" which could somehow be the reason why Hurricane and Frankie are not letting Thomas and James leave the Steelworks. Again, I am aware that this is a crazy prediction. As a result, please do not "roast" me about this. However, I am looking forward to hearing what you guys think.
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

TrainFan97

Trivia:
Frankie is the first female diesel to be introduced in the TV Series since Mavis in the third season.

That can go in Frankie's page in the Wikia.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

MeganekkoFury1126

I'm not sure how there's a rumor that Sixteen will appear...that feels a little too far fetched.

If he does appear, however, it means he'll be the first Christopher Awdry character to be rendered into CGI.

JLK2707

I think it looks just so cool! I love how they now have an assortment of troublesome trucks rather than just the open wagons!  :) Also, does anybody else here think that they will bring the TAR tanker wagons into CGI?

donaldthescottishtwin

If Sixteen turns out to be in this special than i'll interested.

Titanic5972

Rumours come from anywhere, no matter how unlikely they may be. Just takes one person to say "hey I heard such and such will happen" and then it flashes around like you wouldn't believe.

Metal

Sneak peek for the Journey Beyond Sodor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w056a2GQ5MQ

This seems more promising than the trailer. The animation and cinematography is really impressive in the beginning.
Thoughts??

Titanic5972

Might watch the English version when it's released but I'm not gonna be in a rush to see it. There was a point that the series was getting back to its traditional roots, but seems now to be going wildly wrong again.

MeganekkoFury1126

I still need to get used to that rather uncanny rocking motion animation, which fortunately isn't overused on the characters minus the troublesome trucks and the experimental engines. The trucks especially doing that feels REALLY uncanny.

I'm not sure if anyone realized that is Commissioner Loeb from Batman Begins/The Dark Knight as Beresford. But about Beresford himself, I actually like him. He's definitely a lot more interesting than I was expecting, and Colin McFarlane does a great job as him.

I do think Andrew Brenner has got a better grasp on what this special's story should focus on compared to last year's The Great Race.

sean1994rail

I think the rocking animation suits the troublesome trucks very well IMO, especially in the song 'Who's Thomas?'.

JLK2707

Hey, does anybody know that the CGI salt vans suck as they are just modified versions of the ventilated vans but with pointy roofs and faces?

MeganekkoFury1126

Is that a fact or just an opinion?...

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: JLK2707 on July 31, 2017, 08:56:32 AM
Hey, does anybody know that the CGI salt vans suck as they are just modified versions of the ventilated vans but with pointy roofs and faces?
They are incorrect and inaccurate to the model salt vans, but "sucks" is just a poor mans word for nonconstructive criticism.

Unfortunately, I see Bachmann making the salt vans in the large scale range, and using these for a reference.  ::)