Plugging a DC controller into a E-Z Command control unit

Started by Oakley, June 07, 2017, 10:42:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oakley

What are the requirements for a DC controller if I want to use it to input into the "DC controller" input socket of my E-Z Command centre? Is it only the "#44212 power pack" Bachmann accessory product?
Nobody who offers that for sale seems to include the "Black Interconnecting Power Cable" to plug into the E-Z unit, does anybody know what type of plug that lead has?
Finally, what input requirements and restrictions are there likely to be? Quick research so far suggests that these supply units work at 12V and less than 1Amp, is there any danger of doing damage to the E-Z unit?

Joe Satnik

Dear Oakley,

You can make up a cable with two 3.5mm (1/8") TRS (Tip-Ring-Sleeve) plugs and a 3 conductor cable.

Solder it together Tip to Tip, Ring to Ring, and Sleeve to Sleeve. Use Ohm-meter to assure no shorts between Tip, Ring and Sleeve.

A short "Aux Cord" or "Aux Cable" would work, though its skinny gauge wire may cause some power loss to the command unit and the locos on the tracks.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Oakley

Thanks you two, i'm embarrassed to see the part for sale on this very website.... But since it isn't obviously available from the UK site i'll buy myself some plugs like you said. Thanks again.

kmcsjr

Embarrassed?!?
I asked for a similar cord (controller to track) I couldn't find it. Asked here. Someone posted link. And I'm in the states. It's listed under "General parts" or something.... It wasn't an obvious find.