Bachmann 'Plus' Norfolk and Western 4-8-4 loco

Started by trainyardjp, June 05, 2017, 07:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainyardjp

JP of Acton MA, USA writes,

I have a Bachmann 'Plus' Norfolk and Western J 4-8-4 loco (item number 11316). Its an earlier model from the late 1990's or very early 2000's. I have misplaced the instructions. Would anyone who owns this particular loco, be able to provide a scan of the instructions? The loco has been in its box, but only run once or twice at most, and was never disassembled, for maintenance. The Instructions would tell me what screws to remove, and how the shell comes off, etc.

Also any recommendations on what DCC decoder would work? Currently the loco is 'conventional control', but has an NMRA 8 pin DCC 'receptacle' for connecting a decoder.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
-JP
-JP

jonathan

This is about as close as you're going to get I'm afraid.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/H821X-IS001-B.PDF

The link is the diagram of the Spectrum version of the J.  I'm guessing is may be close enough to the Plus version to be a usable guide.  Hope that helps.

Regards,

Jonathan

Len

If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

trainyardjp

JP of Acton MA, USA writes:
Len & Jonathan,
Thanks for the link to the instructions for the N&W J loco, and Thanks for the link to what decoder would work. I was actually looking for an NCE 8 pin 'plug in' Decoder, though, so any info about what NCE brand decoder, would work, would be much appreciated. -JP
-JP