News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Climax fuel bunker

Started by nymark, June 06, 2017, 03:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nymark

The Climax I have came with a coal bunker with a fan attached to the underside to cool the electronics. This is a pretty neat feature. It also came with an oil bunker (and 3 different smoke stacks, again pretty cool). The fan and screws do not fit the oil bunker and it does not screw on like the coal bunker. Anyone run into this problem and is there a fix? At first, I thought I just didn't have it on right but after a bit of messin it just does not seem to fit well. Thanks!

veetwelve

Hi Nymark,

According to the Bachmann schematic (http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/G850X_IS004_1.pdf) the fan for the oil bunker has the same part number as for the coal version; however, the 4 screws that are used to hold the fan in place in the oil bunker have different part numbers than the screws for the coal bunker.  In the diagram, the screws for the oil bunker fan look longer.

Perhaps this might be the source of the poor fit?

Good luck,
Jay

nymark

Thanks Veetwelve,

Maybe I just need to order longer screws from Bachmann. I do have the schematics for the Climax and will look at them more closely. Seems like it should be a no brainer but...? Thanks Jay-Nymark