News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Shay Help Please

Started by On30Sumo, July 15, 2017, 05:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

On30Sumo

I started On30 three years ago but my locos have been in storage since. Today I set up a test track and ran my two Shays  (non DCC). The Colorado model was fine but the Pocahontas won't move. The light blinks. Nothing happens.

Any ideas? I bought from eBay I think and have no records.

All I can say is that the Pocahontas has more chips in the rear compartment that than the Colorado so is it possible that it has been upgraded to DCC?

Thanks

MIKE

dutchbuilder

Could be , chips doesn't say much without a picture.
I just finished a bag full , the potato kind. ;D

Ton

2foot6

Hello Mike,it sounds like the Pocohontas has a DCC chip that has not been programmed for DC and DCC,it's not a big issue. You can remove it but you will need to fit some links to make it work on DC or get the chip programmed for Dc and DCC . If you know some one with a DCC layout they should be able to help or go to a Model hobby retailer who may be able to help.....Peter

On30Sumo

If that is the case I can run it DCC on a separate track for now. I will try later. Thanks.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWmnQUFhvMM/

2foot6

Mike ,the photo does show a DCC chip..If the loco came with a number,try that number as the DCC Address.If it has not got a number ,try number 3,the default address for chips....Peter.

On30Sumo

All sorted. Looks like seller converted to DCC!

Thanks.