Who will come out next in G-Scale after Diesel?

Started by TrainandRockmusicfan97, July 22, 2017, 10:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainandRockmusicfan97

Who do you think will be the next engine to released in G-Scale after Diesel comes out? I'd really like to see Bill and Ben or Duck in G-Scale....

Plow_Bender

As much as I'd like to see characters such as Bill, Ben, Duck, Oliver, Rosie, Mavis, or even Stepney for that matter be released in large scale, I think Arry and Bert are the most likely to be introduced into the range next.  As much as I don't care for the idea of Bachmann making those models in large scale, well, its pretty much like putting a pizza in a room full of hungry teens and expecting them not to eat it. 

Arry and Bert have the highest chance of being made next simply because their tooling is already there.  It's pretty much common sense, but I'll explain anyways.  Back when Diesel was released in HO, Arry and Bert were next to come along, and large scale is sure to be the same.  Reusing the large scale Diesel tooling, Bachman could easily make Arry and Bert and cut costs to produce the models by over 50%.  I also wouldn't doubt Arry and Bert would be made with identical faces, just as their HO counterparts were.  I think it's also safe to say we'll see a ridiculous price difference between Diesel and Arry/Bert as well.

Now I'm sure someone on here thinks Paxton would potentially have a chance in large scale, and I'll agree with you on that.  However, I don't see Paxton happening before Arry and Bert.  When you think about it, Bachmann would most likely pick Arry and Bert for 2018 over Paxton, simply because they would be introducing 2 models into the range verses only one.  Sidney is on the backburner in my opinion simply because there just doesn't seem like much of a demand for him.  As for Splatter and Dodge, don't even bother asking...

So to put a lid on it, Arry and Bert just seem like terrible choices for large scale, simply because there's been about as much demand for them as there was for Winston.  I can honestly say both have not been good sellers for the HO line, nor have they been good sellers in O gauge for one of Bachmann's competitors.  I wouldn't doubt Arry and Bert's HO models will soon join Salty in discontinuation, but that's another topic entirely.  If anything, I would have rather seen Mavis over Diesel for 2017 (simply because I feel Mavis has far more appeal as a diesel engine), but that's just me.  Bottom line, I think many can agree that Arry and Bert will make it into the 2018 announcements.

-Rusty
"If you can't beat them, hire someone to do it..."

Chaz

Plow Bender once again hit the nail with the hammer.  I think considering the current market for large scale in general 'Arry and Bert seem to be the most obvious, if not inevitable additions to join the range next.  As much as I would love to see them do Mavis instead, simple toolings that offer recolors are what large scale has typically been aiming for and I don't think this will be any exception.  That being said, I don't think they'll go as far as to making Paxton either, I think 'Arry and Bert will probably be the only engines that they would add in the range and then probably take a long break from there kind of like how long it took us so long to get Diesel after Toby.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

donaldthescottishtwin

JLK2707

'Arry and Bert or Paxton. Another choice is Sidney.