Prototype James, Thomas, and Percy

Started by NinjaCraft, August 02, 2017, 03:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NinjaCraft

Hello. I am sure we are all farmilliar with the protoype models of James, Thomas, and Percy. But what happened to them? How many were produced? Will we ever get to have physical models of these prototypes? And for that I would like to refrence to the James set released in 2005. On the back of the box where other models are advertised we see the prototype models of them. And with that I think Bachmann had made the set in 2002 with it intended to be released then but it was delayed till 2005. With that I would like to request that Bachmann release these prototype models as a collectors efition item.
~A loving Thomas fan.

Chaz

They probably won't release the prototypes because they only made one of each and Hit/Mattel would rather have them sell the current models that are actually in production.  I would honestly be shocked if anyone at Bachmann even remembers those or let alone know the location of where the protype models are. 

The only prototype that's still out in public is their Duck model which is still on display to the public, you can still see the original paint errors, including the black running board which was painted white on the final model.

Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.