News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

trolley poles

Started by soleman10, December 05, 2007, 07:36:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soleman10

Hello all.  Happy holidays to you.  I'm bashing together a steeple cab electric and I'm in need of a trolley pole or two.  I've never looked closely at the available Bachmann open or closed trolley, and was wondering if these are a sprung trolley pole that might be used for current pickup, and if so if they're available as parts?
Thanks for any input,
Mike

Cascade Northern

I doubt you will find parts from Bachmann.  The best place for parts (unfortunatly) is ebay.

the Bach-man

Dear Soleman,
Give the service department a call. If they have th poles they'll let you know.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Lee Carlson

If you're looking for working (current collecting) trolley poles, check
out the Light Rail Products website.  Lots of fascinating stuff there.

http:www.lightrailproducts.com

Lee
Lee Carlson
President,
NYS&W -- Niantic, Yantic, Scantic & Willimantic Traction Co.

vic

If you mean the power pickup "trolley" pole that gets power from the overhead line (bet some of you didnt know that how "trolleys" got their name  ;D ) try the Bmann parts dept. These are sprung and can be used for power pickup.

Older non working trolleys can usually be picked up on Ebay for cheap, and is a great way to get parts like the trolley poles.

Hartland Locomotive Works also sells an overhead pantograph thats also functional as a power pick up, so did LGB, but with their recent implosion the part might be hard to find now.

LGB was also the only mass producer for overhead line poles and wiring that was relatively easy to install, but again it maight be very hard to find for reasonable prices, some overhead wiring stuff was recently on sale on Ebay and it was selling for some obscene prices.

I'm working on a steeplecab bash also and will need another trolley pole for mine also. ;)  As for the overhead lines, well, thats still up in the air.  ???