News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Climax DCC number changing

Started by winnetou, September 11, 2017, 09:36:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winnetou

Hello, I want to change the DCC-number from my Climax(Large) from 3 to 7. The Climax has soundtraxx-sound.But I have no sucess. I run with Digitrax and have also a computer for programming.Have anyone a solution for me?

Hunt

Addressing Restriction

When using Ops Mode Programming   --- the SoundTraxx decoder does not allow changing the type of address currently in use. In other words, the decoder will ignore a change from a 2 digit address to another 2 digit address or from a 4 digit address to another 4 digit address.

Following is the workaround to the decoder's address type restriction when using Ops Mode Programming

If you can run the locomotive using 2 digit address (example 03), then with the locomotive not moving  select  Po and follow Digitrax Programming Mobile Decoder Addresses instructions to program address 03 to address 1000.

Once programmed, if you can run the locomotive using address 1000, then with the locomotive not moving  select Po and program address 1000 to the 07 address you want.

Addressing restriction is not applicable when using a Digitrax programming mode other than Po - Operations Mode Programming.

Kevin Strong

Few (any?) decoders allow you to change the DCC address (CV1) in ops mode. You have to be in service mode to do so. I don't know the Digitrax system, so I don't know its various programming modes. You do mention you have a computer for programming; might I presume JMRI? You should be able to use that to change the decoder address. Just make sure the Climax is the only thing connected to the DCC output of the computer when you do so.

Later,

K

Hunt

an aside ---

K ...

There are a few stumbling blocks when programming a decoder made by SoundTraxx depending on what Digitrax DCC equipment is used. Even some specific to the use of JMRI and Digitrax.