News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Trouble programming locos

Started by palallin, September 28, 2017, 10:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

palallin

I have the Bachmann EZ command set, and I am having trouble programming two locos with new addresses.  One is the Tweetsie Ten-wheeler, and the other is the BLI C-16.

These are the instructions from the .pdf ont he website:
To program your locomotive to another address, first activate the locomotive by running it a short distance. Next, press button 3
(figure 8; the locomotive's default address) AND the "Stop" button (figure 9) at the same time, then release them together. The
power LED will flash quickly to indicate you're in programming mode.
Choose a new address for your locomotive and press the corresponding button. The locomotive will move slightly (figure 10) and the
power LED will flash slowly to indicate that you have successfully programmed your locomotive to its new address. Finally, press the
"Stop" button to exit programming mode.

Everything seems to work till I get to "Choose a new address . . ."  When I press another button, nothing happens, no slight movement and no change in flashing of the LED.  When I hit Stop again, the loco still has the address of 3 (neither has ever been changed from the default). 

Any help/suggestions will be much appreciated.

dutchbuilder

i have no experience with Bachmann controller, i use Lenz equipment.
I can't program an locomotive address in track mode , only on a programming track in program mode.

Ton

Bucksco

When you press the address and stop button try pressing down the address (3) and hold it down - then press the stop button while you are still holding down the address button. Then release them at the same time.

palallin

I will try that and report back; thanks!

palallin

Success!

Thanks for that tip, Yardmaster!