Waiting for Percy & James to be back in stock

Started by TheWinnerGuyCJP, October 03, 2017, 05:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheWinnerGuyCJP

Yeah, that's me right now, oddly enough, we never got James' new artwork that InsideTrack mentioned.

Rickenbacker 325

Plow_Bender

Quote from: Rickenbacker 325 on October 04, 2017, 08:31:35 PM
why did this need a new topic?  ::)

That's what I'd like to know as well...  This whole discussion with Thomas, Percy, and James being out of stock and everyone wanting a redesigned James is getting way out of hand.  So far this makes the #3 thread that's been created within the last month about this, not to mention that seems to be the hot topic right now in The Everything Thomas Thread.  I don't know why everyone is making such a big deal out of something so mediocre...

Furthermore, I don't see why people are in such a hurry for Bachmann to get Percy and James back in stock anyway.  We all know that no one (except those that rushed to get Oliver) is crazy enough to order directly from the Bachmann web store and pay the full RRP of the models.  Considering Thomas is back in stock (and with only new packaging), we already know that chances of Percy and/or James getting a redesign this year are slim to none.  Just for the record, if people are seriously that hell-bent on wanting the paint errors on James fixed, then quit twiddling your thumbs and just do it yourself.  Fortunately I don't have that problem thanks to large scale. ::)

-Rusty
"If you can't beat them, hire someone to do it..."

TrainFan97

I couldn't have put it better myself, Plow Bender.

This topic is REALLY getting ridiculous! I mean, why would they want to pay full price for the first models here when you can get them cheaper at other places? Unless you're rushing to get a recently released model. Other sites have plenty of those models in stock!

Thomas clearly has no changes whatsoever in the new packaging. People have been wanting revisions to the first models for at least eight years now, and they still never happened. It's been stated countless times that actual updates to the products may never happen, and chances are very very slim. I keep having to point out that everything is Mattel's decision.

And the topic about that "redesigned James" that's been around since 2014, it's also getting ridiculous. Bachmann James isn't perfect, but if you think that's bad, just look at the Hornby model; it's out of proportion. I get that James' paint scheme is off, but if it bothers you, you can EASILY fix it yourself with some paint.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.