News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Baldwin 2-8-0 Consolidation

Started by old model railroader, October 12, 2017, 01:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

old model railroader

Please , when will the HO Baldwin 2-8-0 Consolidation with sound be available ?
my other Bachmann steam locomotives are great , with sound ,  and I would like several of any new Baldwin 2-8-0 Consolidations   ;D

Thanks

Trainman203

Aftermarket installs of sound decoders, especially the Tsunami 2, are much more satisfying to me than the stripped to the bones Sound Value system. I got rid of my sound value units and put in Tsunami 2 decoders instead.  I now buy the engines without sound and do an install.

If you are not up to doing an install yourself there are many installers who will do it for you.

I have a few Bachmann engines with the pre-Sound Value Soundtraxx decoders.  They had a number of features that Sound Value doesn't have.  In the 2-8-0 it is a beautiful unit.  In the smaller tender engines like the 4-4-0 they are a little on the quiet side.  The Tsunami 2 has a more powerful amplifier that helps.

Trainman203

I put a couple of Econami decoders in engines before  the Tsunami 2 came out.  It is good, but the TSU 2 is so much more advanced.

Sound value is a good entry level deal , designed to hold production costs down and make acquisition of sound engines easy, but that's all it is.  TSU has many features that basically put you in the cab running the engine rather than just watching the train.

old model railroader

Thanks Railsplitter and Trainman203 for the information and options for sound .
With 20/100 vision and an Optivisor , I do prefer RTR . Although on the On30 2-6-0 I was able to remove one screw and just plug in the sound card , and that works fine .   I am leaving large scale and outside trains , and now shifting to HO  [big size difference]  but I can still operate trains   ;D   and that's important to me .
Thanks again

Trainman203

You think I put those decoders in myself? 😮  I pay people to do work like that 😂.  Along with mowing the lawn and working on the car , there's other things I myself would rather do.

old model railroader

Quote from: Trainman203 on October 12, 2017, 11:07:40 PM
You think I put those decoders in myself? 😮  I pay people to do work like that 😂.  Along with mowing the lawn and working on the car , there's other things I myself would rather do.

;D
We are of like minds

thanks for a smile for today