News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Not a happy camper

Started by Luvadj, April 28, 2018, 12:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luvadj

I'm sorry to say, this is my first post and I came home to what I thought was a repaired Spectrum USRA light 2-10-2 yesterday but instead, after waiting over 2 months for it to come back to me, it was returned not fixed and in worse condition than I sent it in. The shop said that the model was discontinued and that parts were out of stock.

I've read other posts that say the repair department sometimes replaces older models with replacement locos however that option was not offered, nor was there any E-mail correspondence saying they were returning the loco without the needed repair.

The only reason I'm making this public is that I've heard many good comments about Bachmann service but I never saw any of it...who could I complain to?

I apologize to anyone I've offended. I felt I had to get this off of my chest. After being a diehard Bachmann fan for many years, I feel that service let me down.
Check out my website: www.djsroknrol.comxa.com/index.htm

Penn1974

Not sure of your circumstances but just to let you know when  I had to send a HO engine back for repair and there was an issue that they could not repair or replace it with the same item they offered me a similar item but not in the same road name and not the same type of engine. I was happy to get a engine back that has worked great for a year and I think it only cost $35 for the shipping. I think the time span was only about 2 weeks. Maybe you should call the service department and try to work out the problem.

ACY

If your item is not under warranty then their policy is a bit different. It depends on if you were the original owner, if it is within one year of the date of purchase, if the locomotive was modified, if the locomotive is still in production etc.
Without knowing the exact details it is hard to speculate.
Did you pay the repair/servicing fee of $45? Without paying that your locomotive will not be serviced or replaced.

Luvadj

Quote from: ACY on April 28, 2018, 04:15:34 PM
Did you pay the repair/servicing fee of $45? Without paying that your locomotive will not be serviced or replaced.

I called them twice in a little over 2 months; first time they said it would take 6 to 8 weeks. When I called last week, they said they were getting to it....yesterday it was in my mailbox. I never had any correspondence from them the whole time and was never asked for CC information....an E-mail or call would have been appropriate I think in this instance.

the Bach-man

Please call Rich Whalen on Monday.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

Luvadj

Thank you Mr. Bach-man!!.....my faith in Bachmann service has been restored  :)

Mr. Whalan couldn't believe the miscommunications I had with service and offered me a replacement for all my troubles.
I should see it in 4 - 6 weeks, maybe sooner ;) As I said in my OP, I wasn't looking for anything but it was nice not to be "swept under the rug" through this whole thing. The speed by which they fixed things was very impressive.

Thank you again sir for your help.

Bob

Trainman203

With long discontinued models it might sometimes be better to locate an independent repair tech with parts and ability to repair.  Also, if you really like the discontinued model, it might be good to keep a spare around as backup or as an organ donor.