News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Need Help

Started by ChrisP, December 06, 2007, 11:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisP

I just received the Bachmann Jingle Bell Express and tried to set it up. Everything went fine except the train will not move. All the lights come on but that's it. I have tried for 3 days to reach service but haven't got any return call. If anybody can offer a suggestion I would sure appreciate it.
I really wanted to surprise my husband when he got home from overseas
Thanks in advance for your help

Mike

Chris- Were you calling on the 800 number? If you call on the 215 line and ask for customer service, you'll get primo service!

Dr EMD

Do the light come on bright when you plug it in?
Electro-Motive Historical Research
(Never employed by EMD at any time)

ChrisP

DR EMD
Yes they do come on bright however the wheels don't move

taz-of-boyds

Do the lights get brighter and dimmer as you change the throttle setting?

Charles

ChrisP

Yes  as I turn the power up and down the light gets brighter and dimmer.

THB-DAVE

Hi Chris: check to see if the side rods are bent this will cause binding. If they are just bend them out.

taz-of-boyds

Another question:  Does the locomotive give any indication that the motor is trying to do anything?  For instance when you reverse the direction on the controller, is there any sound or movement?

If there is no indication that the motor is doing anything, it may be that the electrical contacts to the motor are not working.  If you can hear something like the motor whirring away but no movement there may be something wrong with the gearing etc.  If there is slight movement then something is jammed.

If it does seem jammed and the siderods look OK there could be other internal problems.

One caution for this:  Do not leave the locomotive sitting there with the power applied.  If the motor is jammed somehow with power applied it can over heat and cause more damage to the locomotive.

You may need to contact Bachmann for sure if you don't have a local hobby shop that can help.

All the best for you and your husband,
Charles

AlanM

One simple thing you can do is to check the underside of the engine to make sure there is no packing material fastened or lodged there. 

ChrisP

Hello everyone
I wanted to thank you for your help. I got in touch with service and they are sending a new engine. Thanks again and happy Holidays

taz-of-boyds

Chris,

Thanks, and thanks for checking back and letting us know how things are turning out.  Model trains are great fun, and no sense letting some rough spots get in the way.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Charles