News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

rc/battery powered 4-6-0 annie

Started by hobo1, October 17, 2017, 10:38:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobo1

Does bachmann have any plans on producing one of these locos that can run on track or battery power

OldNoob

RC battery running is definitely in the future of manufacturers in model railroading. But when i don't know.
Interestingly, the very first Big Haulers were actually RC battery powered.

Loco Bill Canelos

HI Hobo,

While Bachmann doesn't seem to have plans to reissue the old R/c battery locomotive, or an updated version,  converting an Anniversary 4-6-0 to Battery R/C is not all that difficult.  Look for the April 2104 issue of Garden Railways Magazine for the how to article on Page 34 and learn how in easy steps. Part two includes info on adding sound and is in the June issue.  There is no need to even disassemble the locomotive as all the work is done in the tender which is easily accessible and makes it easy to do the necessary work.   

I did a four part series on the old original Radio Controlled Battery Powered Big Hauler 4-6-0 sets in 2013,

Here is a link to Part One:

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,23193.msg183306.html#msg183306

Do a search and find the others if you are interested.

Have fun with your trains!

Loco Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

hobo1

thanks to all, Iwas hoping that bachmann would make it like the c-19 already set up for rc and battery operation. I did see the video and it is not that hard to do. The only thing I would change is to build a battery box car with extended run time.once again thanks

BillBrakeman

Loco Bill Canelos' articles in the Apr & Jun 2014 GRM issues do an excellent job of describing the conversion.  If you cannot get your hands on  those back issues let me know I can get you copies of them.  Another source of a 4-6-0 conversion will be found at the following Web site:

Bill