Season 22 doesn't sound as bad as you think

Started by TrainFan97, October 17, 2017, 09:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainFan97

The fans have been going nuts over this topic lately, so I decided to make a separate thread regarding this reboot.

The decision to remove Edward and Henry from the Steam Team did raise questions, but that doesn't mean they're gone from the show. I myself would've preferred them to stay, but this is beyond our control. We're gonna have to get used to it. I get why everyone is upset about Edward and Henry not being main characters anymore. You can't always get what you want. At least Bachmann Edward and Henry sales are still strong.

Also, 13 episodes will have Thomas traveling the world, while the other half will be episodes taking place on Sodor. It's just like Season 4, where literally half of it was focused on the Narrow Gauge engines. This is the first time since Season 12 where the actual episodes are seven minutes long.

This isn't the first time the show made a drastic change. Season 13 was when the show became full CGI, and that also raised questions, but I got used to it. There are many things they can't do with models, plus the budget is lower. CGI made the Arlesdale engines possible. I can get used to the bouncing engines. I'll say that Journey Beyond Sodor had way too much, but what can you do? Season 21 had significantly less bouncing.

Mattel has both the older and younger fans in mind. Who knows? Maybe they'll still bring back classic characters. For example, if BoCo doesn't return this season, he might return next season. They did bring back Terence and Bulgy this season. Characters like Duke, BoCo, and Stepney still have a chance to return, so I wouldn't kiss their chances goodbye of getting Bachmann models sometime in the future.

Like everybody else, I myself wasn't calm about it at first, and I was shocked that Edward and Henry got dropped from the Steam Team, but I've been calming down. I want the show to live on, and I don't want to see it cancelled. Mattel NEEDS to make money, or there will BE no show.

Mark Moraghan isn't narrating anymore, but he's not really leaving the show.

Everyone just needs to stop grumbling. It spreads bad atmosphere in the yard. I'm trying to get everyone else to calm down.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

JLK2707

Yeah. Do you think that nia and Rebecca will become the new 2 and 3 for the steam team?

TrainandRockmusicfan97

I just hope they get rid of the bouncing for good after the next season. I hope everything goes back to normal for Season 23 including some more Railway Series adaptations like they did for Season 20. Nia and Rebecca are no Edward and Henry but I'll give them a chance. They would never get rid of Edward and Henry completely. They just moved to new sheds and we'll still them around.

JLK2707

I wonder if they will bring back the tar tanker car in cgi....

JLK2707

Blast it! Now they've removed Toby from the steam team too! This is just so uncool!

AJW98Productions

Quote from: JLK2707 on November 02, 2017, 09:51:11 PM
Blast it! Now they've removed Toby from the steam team too! This is just so gay!
Okay, whilst I know there was no malicious intent there, the last word of that sentence could be seen as offensive by using it in that context, I'd advise changing it. I have seen people who've used that word in that way before get in trouble, so I'd advise changing it. Just trying to be friendly,

~Alex

TrainandRockmusicfan97

I guess you could say Nia is the Scrappy Doo of the Thomas franchise. When Scrappy was introduced in 1979, they got rid of Fred, Velma and Daphne and they say that Scrappy was brought in to prevent Scooby Doo from being cancelled which is pretty much Nia's purpose in the Thomas franchise when you think about it. With the introduction of Nia, they're taking Edward, Henry and Toby out of the Steam Team. I wonder if Nia will end up being the new "most hated" cartoon character of all time which is what Scrappy Doo already is....