Semboro Sugar Mill, East Java, Indonesia, 19th August 1992

Started by fred lundgren, October 22, 2017, 08:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2foot6

Now there's a loco and rolling stock Bachmann could make and sell plenty of.....just a thought......Peter

Terry Toenges

Feel like a Mogul.

ksivils

Pretty amazing how much that little locomotive could pull and the rate of speed it was clipping along at.

Anubis

"Pretty amazing how much that little locomotive could pull and the rate of speed it was clipping along at."

My thoughts exactly!!

She was doing a bit of a major 'wobble' across some of those none-too-good track sections.

Nice video though.

Thanks again for sharing, Frank.

John

:)
There is no such thing as a Part Time Obsession

traingeek

I was in Semboro about the same time and it was an interesting operation.  As well as the 29, they had some fireless cookers and mallets.  Took a cab ride out into the fields on an 0-4-4-0 and along the way the 4 wheel tender derailed.  Javanese ingenuity was put to the test.  A bale of bagasse ( crushed sugar cane used as fuel ), was employed as a fulcrum and a log as a lever.  The lift looked good until the front of the tender got stuck on the loco's footplate, leaving a wheelset well above rail height.  Oops.  No amount of fussing, heaving and swearing got the job done.  Thinking they would need to get a crew to help and seeing that the sun was headed down, I made a run for a nearby road and flagged down a bus to get me back to the mill and my car.  Man, those guys were going to be out there some time........   wrong.  As the bus pulled out, I saw the loco merrily heading back with the errant tender still at a jaunty angle and one wheelset still 6" above the rail.  Casual railroading.