New Steam Locomotive Requests (2-10-4 Texas/Selkirk Type and 2-8-4 Berk variant)

Started by rnjuice, October 22, 2017, 10:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rnjuice

I think it's high time we get a Texas type in N-Scale.  The Consolidation has had 2 runs.  TWO!  I'm certain we would have enough interest to generate sales, especially if you include the Southern 610 (black and gold with red cab and white walled wheels) version of the T&P 610.  There are MANY Southern modelers that would jump at the chance to have their own 610, I know I would.

This is the HO version imported from Samhongsa:

rnjuice

...and if you think about it, the Santa Fe chassis would work-- add an FEF trailing truck, design the T&P boiler, voila!

gatrhumpy

rnjuice

Quote from: gatrhumpy on October 23, 2017, 04:57:30 PM
Does it bug anyone else that the train is derailed?

YES!  Definitely!

TJ-- You're absolutely right, it's T&P 610 that Southern leased for their excursions for several years.  I think it exists in its normal livery for N but, if not, I'd love to see BOTH

rnjuice

...also, wouldn't it be great if Bachmann made a 2-8-4 variant of the Southern 2716? 

rnjuice

Quote from: TJ on October 25, 2017, 12:42:34 AM
I see here as being T. & P. RR No. 610 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_and_Pacific_610

TJ

That's correct, and the original.  Southern leased it from T&P for several years for their Steam Excursion Program.  It would be great to have both versions :)

James in FL

Dear Santa,

Please bring me 4 of the above. ^
I've been a good boy all year.

I'll leave cookies and milk on the table.