Model railway plans, limited space

Started by sodorisland121, October 24, 2017, 09:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sodorisland121

I am planning to make a knapford to tidmouth model railway, but I do not have that much space in my house. Can someone find a solution?   :-\ :-\

douglas

Plow_Bender

Model it in N scale.  Shouldn't take up much space and will fit neatly between your furnace and your hot water heater. ::)

-Rusty
"If you can't beat them, hire someone to do it..."

sodorisland121

I don't like the CGI faces on those models, 1. I have to wait a long time to get those things from japan,2. and 3, I NEED THE WHOLE STEAM TEAM. Not just 4 engines. 4. I use Bachmann, not tomix

Cheeky_ULP

Just start with a small, basic circle layout, especially if this is your first layout.

douglas

Agreed with sparks, keep it simple. Pick from Knapford or Tidmouth and model one or the other. With either you could fit a bunch of engines as static models while operating one or two on separate circuits.

sodorisland121

A simple look at how to get from one side of the layout to the other:

If you're a branch line person, you can take the branch line. Thomas will run through a series of fields. where he will pass by Terence the tractor, working in a field. Thomas will pass by rivers and streams, where he will stop at a small station. He will pass under a bridge and around a bend, where he will make it to tidmouth

If you're an express person, Gordon will come with the express. he will pass through the mainline. he will speed by lush vegetation and trees, he will speed into henry's tunnel. and burst out the other side. where he will arrive at tidmouth, take on more water. and chuff away into the horizon to elsbridge.