News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO 4x8 E-Z Track Layout Confirmation

Started by Alson Gan, October 30, 2017, 09:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alson Gan

Hi Good Day !

Seek your help to verify the 4x8 layout of HO track is correct before import to my country.

( drawing linked:)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/156591684@N07/shares/Z96nE0

Thank You in Advance for Helping !

Cheers !

the Bach-man

Dear Alson.
That plan looks good to me.
Have fun building it!
the Bach-man

Alson Gan

Terry Toenges

Alyson - If you use 22" radius on the outside and do away with the straight like Len did in the link below, you can use a 3" on the inside instead of two 2 1/4"s and it will line up correctly.
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,34043.0.html
Or, you can get Bachmann's fitter pieces to use either on the inside or outside to get it to line up.
Bachmann #44592 E-Z Track connector assortment.
Feel like a Mogul.

Alson Gan

Hi Terry,

I plan thru "AnyRail" software based on your suggest of 22 radius outer and inner with 18 radius + 3 " straight but drawing look have a small gab (between 3 inch connection with 18 radius/inner).
Pls help ...

Track Draft linked :
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156591684@N07/38025309996/in/dateposted-public/

Thank You !

Hunt

That small gap is not an issue and will not be there if you build the plan.

AnyRail is like all CAD track plan programs, the geometry is precise.  It does not account for the flex/play at track connections.

Terry Toenges

I see what you mean. I thought Len had planned it all out and it fit correctly. I just used Anyrail to lay it out and there is a gap.
I found a combination that works with no gap. Anyone planning on using the #6 crossovers with 18" and 22" radius ovals on 4'x8' might take note of this combination since the question might come up again.
You can whatever straights you want for the length.
Use a 4 1/2" (44514) in the inside with 18" radius and a 1 1/4" (44592-3 included in the 44592 connector assortment) on the outside with 22" radius.
Feel like a Mogul.

Len

I use RR-Track, which allows a certain amount of 'fudge factor' in a layout. I've built the layout in question, and there are small gaps, <1/16", spread around the layout. Not one big gap.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Terry Toenges

Len - I'm not opposed to a little "wiggling" myself but he was ordering a whole package of of track and is in a different country. I wanted to figure it out so he would get the right stuff to begin with and not have to worry about it fitting together right.
Feel like a Mogul.

Alson Gan

Hi Terry,

Really appreciated your assistance,i tried your proposed combination layout and it work perfectly !

Yes,i am newbie far away from Malaysia..your guidance is much helpful for me.

Look my new hobby can start up from here....

Thanks to all who also help on it !

Cheers ~

Terry Toenges

Alson - I'm glad it worked out for you.
Feel like a Mogul.