News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

MTD Plymouth Parts List - Headlight

Started by Hankster, October 27, 2017, 05:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hankster

Why is it that one can find all the parts listed for my MTD Plymouth 0-6-0, except I can't find any mention of the headlight, which shows in the parts diagram but no where else.  I found out too late the method used to secure the bulb when splitting the case and even though I heard "something" fall, I cannot now find the darn thing and need to locate a replacement.  

spookshow

That looks like the same cat-whisker lightbulb that's used in some of the older diesels (GP40, GP50, et al). Those parts listings all show it as being sold out, so I'd try contacting the parts department directly. They might be able to pull one from a returned loco or maybe just have one sitting around.

-Mark

Hankster

Search is over, just when I'd given up all hope of finding that sucker, it was discovered hiding in the pencil drawer of my desk.  Hmmm, drawer must have been slightly open??  At least now I can properly identify a replacement when next needed.  The bulb is 3mm in diameter and I'm guessing it should be capable of running of maximum 14-16V.  Current draw of available replacements runs from 40ma to 100ma.  Any thoughts on current?