News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Christmas Train Reefer Part Request

Started by RkyGriz, November 07, 2017, 04:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RkyGriz

Hi guys! Been a little busy lately building up my little railroad.I recently acquired a used North Star Express Anniversary loco and tender on Ebay for a total cost of $105.00. I originally bought the loco by itself for $60.00 as a chassis donor for one of my V&T locos that suffered a broken chassis part a few months ago. I was then planning on parting the rest of it back out on Ebay. That obviously didn't happen! Instead,I fixed the small problem of a slipped center wheel set, oiled it ,greased it, and after running it and seeing how pretty this loco is( I'm really drawn to the red and green Christmas color combo!), I decided not to part it out and ordered the matching tender from the same Ebay seller! It will be here on Wednesday. I'm such a sucker for a pretty face and I still have to shell out the money to replace the chassis on my V&T loco! Oh,well. C'est La Vie,eh?
You can see it here on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwpg1PWDwUM&feature=youtu.be
Now for the part request:
I recently bought a Bachmann D&RGW reefer car on Ebay. I saw that it was minus one of the doors(the one with the drop bar on it) on one side. Other than that,it is in nearly new condition and came equipped with blackened steel wheels. I can't find a replacement door on the Bachmann website. They only appear to have the drop bar and that's it for this car. Does anyone know where I might find a replacement door for this car(other than on Ebay of course!).
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks guys!
Andrew

Waikiki968

Keith