Lighting control for dcc ready conversion

Started by Vizzin72, November 07, 2017, 09:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vizzin72

Curious as to wether or not auxiliary lights such as ditch lights are lumped in to the regular lights when installing a 9 pin (non wired) decorder.  In other words if I buy a decoder, am I going to be able to individually turn on and off ditch lights by utilizing the 9 pin connection or am I going to have to wire connect it if I want that functionality.  I have an engine that I can control the rear light on but that is because I removed the light board and soldered the wires to a new board style Bach dsl decoder.  I'm hoping to not have to do this and rather just use the 9 pin.

Hunt

Key is the number of Function Outputs the decoder supports not the interface number of wiring harness pins.  Operating Ditch lights use two of the available Function Outputs. 

Hunt

More...
What decoder wire is connected to what and its purpose is covered by the decoder's wring diagram. Rely only on the wiring diagram for the decoder you are installing. Do not use assume.

Vizzin72

well I didn't want to wire it at all I wanted to just plug it in and utilize the dcc ready pins

Hunt

Back to your original question --- May be you can just use9-pin connector and control auxiliary lights with DCC decoder. You need to ask the locomotive manufacturer technical support  for pin out info for the light PCB on board 9-pin connector.

More general and detail decoder info using 9-pin connector... 
SoundTaxx Tsunami2    Click Here   go to NMRA 9-Pin "JST" Plug page 15.

Vizzin72

Thank you ... I suppose I'll have to see what happens after I plug it in.