Sound Systems for Bachman G Scale steam train sets

Started by mardoc, November 08, 2017, 05:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mardoc

I am trying to get info on a sounds system that is simple ,yet has a good quality sound for G scale Bachman trains, one ( Barnum Baily Circus train) the other ( Bachman Mountaineer train) I would like to find one that can control two trains at once.  If it is too expensive I will settle for one train operation.  Dose any one have suggestions what brand , I want it to control speed and sounds out of one box .  

Nathan

Joe Zullo

I use this system with my locos but with battery power, but it will work with powered track as well. I think it is a bargain and works very well.
http://www.reindeerpass.com/crest-electronics-revolution-model-train-controller.aspx

Kevin Strong

I would echo Joe's recommendation for the Revolution system. The receivers come pre-loaded with sounds, and the transmitter will control up to 50 locos at one time. (Probably overkill for what you're doing.) But for $100 for each receiver, and that controls sounds, lights, and motor, you're not going to beat that. You can also buy a USB interface and program new steam sound sets onto the receivers. Check with your dealer; they may be able to do this for you as well. Otherwise, I believe each decoder comes with the same default sound, so both of your locos will sound the same.

Later,

K

Loco Bill Canelos

I agree that the revolution is the way to go, simple to install, and with the new sounds hard to beat on price! Robby at RLD hobbies has a great discount price, and can answer all your technical questions, and may be able to preload optional sounds as well.  http://rldhobbies.com/crestelectronics-2.aspx.  Give him a call.

Loco Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!