News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Heisler LIghts

Started by SoCalBobS, November 11, 2017, 11:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalBobS

Inboxed an On30 DCC/Sound Heisler today.  Setup worked fine.  However, the lights are not directional. Is there a CV or som way to activate the directional lighting capability?
Still learning, step by step.

Flare

Yes.

As I recall you want to program CV 33 to 1 and CV 34 to 2.

The default for both is 3, which activates front and rear together.

http://www.soundtraxx.com/factory/images/bachmann/pdf/on30_heisler_bachmann.pdf

SoCalBobS

Flare, thanks so much. You were absolutely correct, it's done.

Hunt

The Bachmann On30 Heisler appropriately does not come with directional lighting enabled. The lamps on the model appear to be carbide-fueled type. Directional lighting would require the crew to go back and forth extinguishing and igniting the lamps every time the direction of the locomotive changed.  Thus once ignited lamps would remain lit.

Flare

Quote from: Hunt on November 12, 2017, 03:00:40 PM
The lamps on the model appear to be carbide-fueled type.

The stock ones are, but electric styles lights are also included.

SoCalBobS

I also notice that in the stock configuration, there is no dynamo sound, as there is on button #5 for other locos.  Would this be because the lights weren't electrical?  If so, can this be changed, maybe at CV 39, set at 00 by default?

dutchbuilder

Where is the dynamo on the model????. ???

Ton

Hunt

I do not have convenient access to a Bachmann Specrtrum On30 Heisler with Sound Module installed to test the following but if you want directional lights and dynamo sound then ---

Assuming All CVs are equal their factory default value except for address
Program
CV 33 = 17
CV 34 = 18
CV 133 = 32

Note   -  Function Swapping is  activated as CV 30 = 4 is factory default. Thus F5 is mapped with CV 43 and it remains CV 43 = 1, which is default value.