Time to get that Big Hauler Set running around the Christmas Tree

Started by Loco Bill Canelos, December 01, 2017, 11:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loco Bill Canelos

Wishing all Bachmann Fans a great Holiday Season!

When you get your Big Hauler set out of the box, be sure to review all the instructions when setting it up.  If you lost your instructions Click below:

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,18832.0.html

It would be a good idea to use plastic compatible light oil on the moving parts and electrical contacts.  Also be sure the Arrow under the front pilot truck is facing forward.  Make sure the smoke unit is off until you add smoke fluid or you may burn it out.  Be sure to use a fresh 9 volt battery under the tender hatch and make sure you have the sound switches turned on and the sound wire connected firmly to the locomotive, if you want to use the sound feature.  The train under the tree is one of my grand kids favorite things about christmas!!

Enjoy the holidays!!!

Loco Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

doug c

Great maintenance and safety tips !!

I've always wondered with a train running round the base of the Christmas tree where do the gifts go ...  but then I realized maybe in most households it is the moving entertainment at the tree till Christmas Eve  and after the gifts opening...

Obviously we never had this 'tradition',  although there were a couple yrs (-01'&02?), when parents came here for the season,   I had the tree set-up thru one of the cut-outs of our indoor G-gauge 'layout'  :)

doug c
"G-Gauge may not RULE, But it GROWS on Ya !! "     djc'99

Loco Bill Canelos

Doug,

In our case big ones always went on the outside of the track, with the small ones inside the track circle.  On christmas day we would add a switch and run track in a loop around the living room.   My son woulds deliver as many gits as possible b y train using gondolas and flat cars.  It was hilarious watching him try to put bigger items on the train and try to balance them to the destination, while our three daughters kept encouraging him.

Many fond memories!

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!