blackened RP25 wheels and DCC Decoder for Acela

Started by JediTev35, November 25, 2017, 04:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JediTev35

I lost an axle for my Acela train (passenger car), how do I get a replacement? Also, what decoders (no sound needed) works for the Acela units. I want to put one in the dummy engine so the lights swap directions and do whatever else they're supposed to do. Thank you.

mlrr

You can use a TCS T-1 for both the powered and dummy unit.  You won't be able to program the decoder in the dummy unit on a programming track without a motor so you'll have to program the dummy unit on the mainline.

Go to the Bachmann online store parts section and look for acela parts.  There should be some in stock.

Kyle
~Kyle
The Mary Lindsay Railroad - Featuring Amtrak Model Trains
www.marylindsayrr.vze.com

RAM

Why not just run wires from the power unit to the light in the dummy, with a plug between the units?

JediTev35

I found an answer to my own question, I used a Soundtraxx 8 pin mobile decoder!!! Tried to install LED lights and just discovered they have a LED PCB!!!  :D :D :D :D :D I originally got the decoder for the HHP-8, but wouldn't fit, took it back for an exchange. Found the Acela would've taken it so I went and bought it back. LOL