News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Engine Not Running Correctly

Started by viclioce, December 03, 2017, 07:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viclioce

Hi!  I'm Victor & I'm new!

I have a Bachnann F9 (I think?) Diesel which is behaving strangely.  I can put the front wheels on the track and the headlight will light up and the motor will run, UNTIL I place the rear wheels on the track.  Then it stops running & the light goes out! When I lift the rear wheels off, it immediately starts running again!

Is there anything I can do to correct this problem?  All solder joints appear to be in place.  Nothing looks broken with the wires. It just does this weird thing!

The box it came in says it has a Limited Lifetime Warranty.  Don't know IF I should send it in, or to where, or if it's something I can correct withcthe help of Forum Folk!  I'd appreciate any advice!  Thanks!  ; D Victor

Flare

I suspect that one of the trucks/bogies has become rotated 180 degrees, shorting out the system with all wheels on the track.

A simple way to test this theory is to place only the rear wheels on the track and see if the loco runs in the opposite direction than when just the front wheels are on the rails.

viclioce

This was indeed the problem!  The front truck had come loose (I think my grandson stopped it). So I removed the body and removed the front truck and rotatated it 180*.  It works correctly now!  This s one trick I will not forget! Thank you!!!  ; D Victor